Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Somender-Singh combustion chamber modifacation

Somender-Singh combustion chamber modifacation

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Somender-Singh combustion chamber modifacation

• Creator
    Topic
    JamieJamie
    Participant

Just curious to see, or hear if any one here has actually tried his method of adding grooves to the combustion chamber? A co worker at my new job who’s also a huge VW nerd was telling me about it.

I don’t know that I want to go through the hassle of pulling a head of a healthy engine to try it and compare.

Lets hear it.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dandan

this may fit awesome in the engine modifications section but i will throw my $.02 at it, and here is what i think, the idea i guess behind putting groves into the combustion chamber that would make sense too me is to mix up the air fuel mixture a little more as it flows in during the intake stroke! if you want my honest opinion this can be better done buy doing some things too the texture too the intake ports in the head so as the air flows in through the intake port or ports its wirls the air is it goes in.

in most cases with most engines they get a port and polish which means the ports are re shaped and polished out too port match with the gaskets and intake and head, then all surfaces have casting imperfections removed and polished smooth, then the inside of the combustion chamber the same is done also! this is supposed to improve airflow… then have a little roughness at spots like the parts of the intake ports near the fuel injectors so as air flows through them the turbulence mixes up the air fuel mixture really well.

for a engine with a carby i would make the bulk of the turbulence happen just after the carburetor or carburetors so the air that comes out of the carb is mixed up, then make the rest baby bottom smooth so it flows in nice and easy and can smoothly continue mixing. i would do the same with throttle body injection. for Malty port or sequential fuel injection i would do something inside of the intake manifold or intake ports in the heads too stir up the air fuel mixture a bit, and for direct fuel injection i would keep it all smooth and then do something with the piston head and maybe angle the intake ports and valves so the air coming in swirls around sort of like a garden hose bucket tornado effect so the fuel being injected into the combustion chamber gets mixed in really well.

JamieJamie
        Participant

Between talking with my co worker and reading it looks like you have to change the ignition timing. And on cars old enough to have counter weights for the advance you have to lighten them up a bit other wise you’ll never get it perfect at both idle an high rpm. In reading it also to me looks like you have to have a higher compression ratio. Guys were having their heads decked and or using thinner head gaskets. You should read the guys web page. Lots of info there.

Maybe I’ll try it on a lawn mower first 🙂

Bryan CarterBryan Carter
          Participant

Never heard of it until about 20 minutes go. Spent about 20 minutes skimming his site… and it reads a lot like snake-oilish engineering woo to me.

BluesnutBluesnut
            Participant

I heard of this years ago and think the same thing now as then; snake-oil. That site is designed to numb someone with a massive amount of incoherent BS.

If this was beneficial by even one molecule in any way whatsoever, all production engines would have been machined this way.

He refers to obsolete flathead engines, quench areas, and a 42% reduction in fuel consumption.
              I have to call total BS as I’ve owned an obsolete flathead motorcycle (WWII era Harley) for many decades. While mine is barely modified, I know of people who are real pros in this area and I can assure anyone that a flathead is not going to gain a 10% reduction in consumption much less a 42% reduction in fuel useage no matter what on Earth is done to it.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…