Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Sometimes I get a wierd page with yellow blocks with errors

Sometimes I get a wierd page with yellow blocks with errors

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box Sometimes I get a wierd page with yellow blocks with errors

• Creator
    Topic
    TexasCoderTexasCoder
    Participant

Seems to be every now and then, nothing constant. Next time it happens I will post a screen shot. Thank you for creating this topic so we can help make the site better!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BamboozBambooz
      Participant

Trying to reproduce that at the moment.
        The only “bug” i found so far is that the whole website is loading pretty slow, but that’s probably due to me being in euroland.. C:P

Just curious..: is this forum custom-made or a modified forum software like phpBB ?

edit: Ha! just as i was going to post this, i got the error message lol

http://bambooz.pytalhost.net/stuff/etcgf.jpg

also, another “bug” is that you can resize the WYSIWYG text editor to whatever size you want, and it also affects all the other posts and the question bar thingie..
        http://bambooz.pytalhost.net/stuff/huuuuuge.jpg

edit2: no automatic URL parsing.. really starts to look like a custom-written forum to me..

edit3: holy crap.. when i try to embed a custom smiley from my webspace (http://bambooz.pytalhost.net/Oo.gif) it stretches it to the width of the whole post.. WTF!S:-o

http://bambooz.pytalhost.net/stuff/whatthehell.jpg
        seems like the forum needs “a bit” of work still *lol* W;)

RedeemerRedeemer
        Participant

[quote]Seems to be every now and then, nothing constant. Next time it happens I will post a screen shot. Thank you for creating this topic so we can help make the site better!

I get that often, But I found if you hit the back button and try it a few times it will go through. Its just one of the few bugs they are going to find![/quote]

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

That’s what this forum is for. We want to make this site as good as it can be so we will take your post into consideration and look into the issue. Thanks for joining up and being an active member!

jbonejbone
            Participant

I have also got a few of them runtime errors, It only happened to me when i was trying to upload pics to my profile and editing my profile…

ETCGAdministratorETCGAdministrator
              Participant

Good stuff guys, thank you for posting this information. This info will help us in trouble shooting these glitches and getting the new site tuned up and purring!

As for the “runtime” errors, we are working with our hosting provider to troubleshoot this. Good news, you should be able to hit your browser’s “back” button and still have the text you typed in. This bug is certainly not part of the plan, or our forum code. Rest assured, we will not stop until this is fixed, in fact we are pooring through the error logs now to get this done!

Redeemer: Dead on man, thank you for understanding our process. We worked hard to get this site as bug free as possible, but we know that there will always be small ones lurking about…we can a special can of KillzAll for those 🙂

Bambooz: Thank you for the screen shots, these are awesome! The forum is a mix of custom and some open source software, but we are slowly getting it to a point where it will be “home grown”. Thank you again for catching the other issues, that custom smiley one is on our top “to do” list!

jbone: You should be able to upload photos now, but if you continue to have problems, post em here, we are reading every suggestion and issue you guys come accross

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…