Menu

speedometer inop

• Creator
    Topic
    mfdfirefighter46mfdfirefighter46
    Participant

im working on the wife’s 2003 dodge neon her speedometer isnt working when i turn the key on i can see the needle move but its some how stuck on the wrong side of the little rest peg so if the car is off instead of resting on the peg its under the peg i checked the connection at the vss and i checked all the fuses all good im thinking maybe the vss went bad would that cause it to sit that way? how do i test the vss?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      mfdfirefighter46mfdfirefighter46
      Participant

i got it i just reset the cluster all you have to do is hold the trip button down turn the key to the on position and your done your cluster will cycle itself stupid bad battery caused this.

djdevon3djdevon3
        Participant

I’ve never heard of that. Thanks for posting the solution.

jacobnbr1jacobnbr1
          Participant

Dead or weak battery on a Chrysler will cause this and is real common. Usually if you use the chrysler drb3 and command a guage sweep fixes the problem.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
            Participant

Quoted From mfdfirefighter46:

i got it i just reset the cluster all you have to do is hold the trip button down turn the key to the on position and your done your cluster will cycle itself stupid bad battery caused this.

Thanks for the tip!

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

Low voltage can cause all kinds of problems on a modern vehicle. Nice work on finding the fix.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…