Menu

Spell check

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box Spell check

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

i think we need a spell check of some kind intergrated into the post replies. prefferably at the top where the bold,italic, strike through, and remove format options are.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      SVTDiceSVTDice
      Participant

That or where it automatically checks and underlines with a redline showing the misspelled word.

Just a thought.

ETCGAdministratorETCGAdministrator
        Participant

Quoted From SVTDice:

That or where it automatically checks and underlines with a redline showing the misspelled word.

Just a thought.

You are on the mark with that one, I have implemented the spell check, so now when the editor sees a misspelling, it will underline it in red. From there, just right click on the word and choose the proper spelling.

jbonejbone
          Participant

reely wowp it wurks nowh really wow it works now….lol cool TY

yarddog1950yarddog1950
            Participant

I think you need a means of correcting gearhead pronunciation. I’m so tired of hearing Iskenderian pronounced “Iss-kuh-dern”, Edelbrock called “Ell-duh-block” and Dunlop called “Dun- lap”. I’m sure you’ll get right on that.

ShirokumaShirokuma
              Participant

microfluidics is spelled correctly. The world changes and sow does the language.

Participant

the spell check hasnt been working for me. idk if its my browser or what but its still not underlineing the misspelled words. im using Safari idk if that makes a difference or not

Participant

The spell check seems to be working when i post a new topic but not when im posting a reply

djdevon3djdevon3
                    Participant

Automatically changing words are known as filters. They are different than spellcheckers as they automatically replace words. For example curse words are replaced with (sensored) or something like that on most forums. With that said I think some automotive specitic filters would be awesome. We could finally see people stop mispelling cylinder, PCV (people call it PVC all the time), vacuum, and other words. That would be a neat feature.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…