Menu

Spring Compressors and Impact Guns

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk Spring Compressors and Impact Guns

• Creator
    Topic
    IamRagnasIamRagnas
    Participant

I was shopping the internet for coil spring comressors, for the use of replacing my struts on the car. The price range on them all seem to differ a bunch. Most of the cheapies are around $20-$30 they look unsafe, but if used properly get the job done. The safer ones look around $80-$100, and the industrial/comercial use ones can be in the $500-$1000 range. I am most likely going to just use them this one ocasion (unless I help a friend down the line) and was wondering if any one has a hidden jewl out there, thats safe effective and cheap.

Also most of the spring compressors say to use with an impact gun. I dont have one, and if I wanted to get one what kind should I get? There seem to be the cheap ones that start around $30, but was wondering like before if any one knows a good quality item, for a good price.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      southparksouthpark
      Participant

first off, you don’t need to use an impact, that just makes it a little faster. i believe that coil spring compressor are not something to go too cheap on. this set is about the best bang for the buck while still being fairly safe. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00929898000P

brian .hawesbrian.hawes
        Participant

Be careful with any strut compressor that isn’t attched to a wall. I shot one of those clamp-ons into the wall of my uncles garage. Since I’ve done that I would buy a clam shell style one if I was in a pinch. Save the clamp-ons for on-car apalications

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…