Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Steering noise after new transmission 2009 Jeep Patriot

Steering noise after new transmission 2009 Jeep Patriot

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Steering noise after new transmission 2009 Jeep Patriot

• Creator
    Topic
    pcmdjasonpcmdjason
    Participant

2 or 3 months ago I

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      pcmdjasonpcmdjason
      Participant

It just seems to be when going left and not vibrating that I can tell.

rice400rice400
        Participant

I would start off by jacking up the front and giving the wheels a shake and see if there is any play in the tie rods/ball joints and I would check to see if there is a simple solution like maybe something is rubbing

pcmdjasonpcmdjason
          Participant

Well they are known for ball joint problems. I just didn’t think that would make this kind of noise.

Quoted From rice400:

I would start off by jacking up the front and giving the wheels a shake and see if there is any play in the tie rods/ball joints and I would check to see if there is a simple solution like maybe something is rubbing

jbonejbone
            Participant

Does it vibrate at all and feel it in steering wheel.Does it do it turning both ways or just left turns?. If just left i thinking maybe your right wheel bearing or LCA(lower control arm…

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
              Keymaster

I would first check the level and condition of the power steering fluid. If the level is low or you see a lot of air in the system top it off and recheck for the issue. Other than removing the axle as you suggested there is very little they would have done with the power steering system that I can think of to cause a problem, in fact I’m sure they never even removed the front wheels. If you do find the level low or full of air you might want to put your eyes on the PS rack and it’s hoses to see if you can identify any leaks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…