Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Strange intermeittant brake loss/fade issue

Strange intermeittant brake loss/fade issue

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Strange intermeittant brake loss/fade issue

• Creator
    Topic
    willy johnsonwaleed
    Participant

I have a 2013 rio. My front pads and rotors were replaced early in the year when I bought the car second hand and my rears were done by me a few months ago. I noticed sometimes when I brake you would feel a delay, and then they would engage hard, or you would feel the brakes grip good, then bad, and good. Its a strange issue. It doesnt feel like the pedal is sinking when I step on it, just the brake response is off sometimes. I worry that it might lead to an accident if I need to brake hard one time and I dont get good grip. The fluid in the reservoir was good but I ran fresh fluid through the lines last week in the order stated in the kia manual, to make sure it isnt an issue with air.

Someone mentioned to me to have someone check the booster vaccum pressure switch, are there any other possibilities?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

A faulty vacuum brake booster or master cylinder could be at fault or faulty ABS module.

willy johnsonwaleed
        Participant

Is it possible its just the pads? I did a booster check, doesnt seem to be leaking. No leaks in the brake system, and after bleeding didnt really improve. No abs light on. Original fluid was actually still clean and good, but I wanted to rule that out.

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
          Participant

Could be..
            Cheap quality pads often cause issue.

willy johnsonwaleed
            Participant

Yea and the stupid thing is where the person took them here in canada, canadian tire, they charged over $400 for economy pads & rotors. I could have bought a good set of aftermarket ceramic pads and drilled and slotted performance rotors for only about $80

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…