Menu

temperature gauge says overheating

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here temperature gauge says overheating

• Creator
    Topic
    guitarranger11guitarranger11
    Participant

I’m working on a 1989 jeep cherokee the temperature gauge will register overheating did the car never acts like it overheats and it’s a closed system so there’s no radiator cap but the antifreeze seems to evaporate where is it doesn’t act like a blown head gasket I put in a new thermostat and a new sensor as well as a new instrument cluster in the same identical problem happens. could it be the radiator? any help would be greatly appreciated

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

Thanks for posting the fix and using the ETCG forums!

guitarranger11guitarranger11
        Participant

Well thanks everyone I am gaining precious knowledge with everyones knowledge. Good news problem solved the new radiator seemed to take care of the issue. There is a separate sensor I did mess with it so maybe it helped as well. Thanks all my friends without you none of this would be possible 🙂

college mancollege man

Thanks for the update and the fix. what sensor did you mess with? I take the radiator was clogged. C8-)
            glad your back on your way.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
            Keymaster

Yes thanks for keeping us up to date and posting your fix it will go on to help others with similar situations.

Viewing 4 replies - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…