Menu

Tesla

• Creator
    Topic
    Caleb StovallCaleb Stovall
    Participant

Your Facebook post this morning gave me a thought.
      Would there be anyway that you could contact a Tesla dealer or an owner of a Tesla to be featured in a video?
      Go over what it looks like, features, under the hood (I’ve only seen one and the owner was in a hurry <_<) over view of the different mechanical systems it uses etcetera

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      twiggytwiggy
      Participant

I would like to see this as well- also a vid on hybrid systems. There is a real future for the all electric cars- I met a Tesla owner at a park in MA and he said he just back on a trip to Colorado from MA with his Tesla mentioning that filling his battery took about 20min each time.

MikeMike
        Participant

Electric cars lie to you. So do electric car owners.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

[quote=”CrazedAssassin” post=174574]Your Facebook post this morning gave me a thought.
            Would there be anyway that you could contact a Tesla dealer or an owner of a Tesla to be featured in a video?
            Go over what it looks like, features, under the hood (I’ve only seen one and the owner was in a hurry <_<) over view of the different mechanical systems it uses etcetera[/quote]

I'm curious myself. I don't think a video like that would be for ETCG, more for ETCG1. Also, I'd rather do a video about what's 'under the hood' than a review of the car. I think that would be more appropriate for the channel.

Caleb StovallCaleb Stovall
            Participant

Yes that’s what I mean.
              When I say other features I mean some of the nifty things they have going on inside the car.
              They’re like spaceships lol.

Car reviews like if you like the car and if you’d suggest if someone should buy it and what not are to opinionated.
              I appreciate that you do your best to give us facts.

Jacob AustinJacob Austin
              Participant

Hey Eric,
                I think a video somewhere along those lines would be awesome. Maybe there could be some information about the differences in education required to service these cars. Also your thoughts on how the move to electric/hybrid could impact the future of the DIYer. I don’t know much about electric or hybrid cars, but I assume that there is a lot of specialty work or equipment involved. And I’m sure that additional training is required. Could this be another way that manufacturers are making the consumer more dependent on the dealerships? We were sitting around talking about it one day and I think its an interesting topic.
                Thanks for the videos!!
                They help a lot!

GregGreg
                Participant

I had the opportunity to test drive a P65 model S. First impression was that the car was well built and well thought out my second thought was what a joy it will be to work on. The entire drive train has 24 moving parts. It is a little weird at first because it sounds like a space ship but that noise fades out quick when you drive it. The electronics look like they will be able to pretty much self diagnose everything on the car. I liked the absence of buttons an knobs on the instrument panel because everything is controlled by a single touch screen in the middle of the cockpit. At a price of 95k here are a few gasoline powered cars I would rather have.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…