Menu

The Last 10%

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

With repairs it seems the last 10% is easier than the first 90%. With custom car builds, it seems like it’s just the opposite. What are your thoughts?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      CecilCecil
      Participant

As a computer builder I experience the same thing. I can throw one together in 3-5 minutes if I wanted to. However I usually spend at least a couple hours doing it, making sure every wire is ran perfectly and out of site, any lights and fans are in optimal positions, every screw is put in perfectly, and any little details are taken care of in the best way possible.

Dave TidmanDave Tidman
        Participant

There is a saying in project management:
          The first 90% of the project takes 90% of the time
          The last 10% tales the other 90% of the time
          End of project chaos hit everyone…

Jason WhiteJason White
          Participant

The best part Eric is you have only entered the battle. Once you get that car running, you’re going to be changing things, adjusting things, tuning it… and the process never really ends. Then you’ll change one thing, which will require the adjustment of everything else to accommodate, then you’ll find something else isn’t well matched, so you have to change that and the saga continues.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
            Keymaster

I’m sure that’s true to some extent, but I’m trying to build the car to be adjustable to make that a little easier. I hope it works out.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…