Menu

Think Like A Boss

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG1 Video Discussions Think Like A Boss

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I like this video for a couple of reasons. The first is that I believe it encourages good work practices. Second, I think it answers to many of the statements and questions I get about opening up your own shop. What are your thoughts?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      garygary
      Participant

I completly agree with you when it comes to small buisness when it comes to small buisnesses however most multinatinal coorperation don’t want to work that way maby honda did. I work for jiffy lube because I’m 17 and can’t find a diffrent job. Have a baby on the way with a girl I love and can only get three hours a week at 8 bucks an hour despite my efforts to keep the shop clean and moving. I very much support small buisnesses

Dustin HicksDustin Hicks
        Participant

[quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=57252]I like this video for a couple of reasons. The first is that I believe it encourages good work practices. Second, I think it answers to many of the statements and questions I get about opening up your own shop. What are your thoughts?

Very nice. One I’d like to mention is “Don’t let the boss be surprised.” Don’t nitpick, but look for probable problems. For example, if you see something that might be a big problem (i.e. major safety problems), say something about it rather than keeping quiet. I can pretty well guarantee he/she would rather hear about it before an incident than after. (OSHA, State & Fed. investigators, Lawyers, etc.)

SteveSteve
          Participant

At the risk of me sounding stupid (which I am used to), where is the video? I don’t see a link to it. I’m not a small business owner but have been a supervisor most of my adult life so maybe I’ll learn something. 🙂

Shane TeagueShane Teague
            Participant

I work for a small family owned company. There is no real job description except what is asked of me at the time. For the most part we are self policed. In this environment I want my company to win and make money. They treat me good and it is gainful employment. I get to be a piece of the bigger picture. To contribute to the overall success I do try to do all I can more than what is asked of me. As long as it does not interfere with the job I have on the go at the time.

That is the best I can do to express how I think like a boss in a small paragraph.

I agree with Eric. If we want to get the most out of our jobs as employees we do need to think like a boss.

Shane TeagueShane Teague
              Participant

Very good point.

dollman0dollman0
                Participant

Reply to thegarytrucker

I hear ya on having a low paying job with limited opportunities. I left a job (with a national company) a year ago that paid 7.25 + commissions because I was not getting credit for the work I was doing, my average over 6-months was around $8 hourly and that is sick for someone with a gold patch. It did not help that the boss was always riding my ass for stuff that was never communicated to me in their little meetings.

Hey, I wish you the best with your girl and the new baby.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…