Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • time to say goodbye- how do scrap a whole car?

time to say goodbye- how do scrap a whole car?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here time to say goodbye- how do scrap a whole car?

• Creator
    Topic
    DarrellDarrell
    Participant

Not really a repair question here. I have my 87′ Celica GT that has been in an outbuilding for a few years apparently rotting the brake AND fuel lines away.
      I have VERY slowly been doing body work on this car, just no time. Last weekend when I went to pull it back into the barn brakes go to floor. Taking a realistic look at car the brake and fuel lines rotten everywhere all need replaced. If the rest of the car was in better shape I would keep it, but 3 out of 4 wheel arches need new metal and the whole car needs paint.
      It does still run drive, well except for the no brakes and fuel part line. ha.

Anyway, any tips on getting rid of whole car that is so old even salvage yards probably don’t want it? I don’t really want to pay to get rid of it but it will have to be towed.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Might suggest you do a local search on Google for scrap metal reclaimers or automobile scrap collection.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…