Menu

Tire shop tools?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk Tire shop tools?

• Creator
    Topic
    ElfyElfy
    Participant

What tools are recommended to be working at a tire shop? like les Schwab, Firestone, etc.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      619DioFan619DioFan
      Participant

Since these types of places you mention do more then just tires you will need a decent setup. but lets say you are going in fresh and will be doing mostley LOF’s and tire removals,rotations,balances,repairs etc here is a good list ( this is what I found very helpfull when working in these types of places )….

good quality 1/2 drive impact gun
        good set of flip type impact sockets for lugs ( both metric and standard )
        set of the lug sockets with the nylon protection sleeves ( these come as flips- nothing worse then scratching some customers high end wheels )
        set of thin wall impact lug sockets ( some foreign cars a standard thickness impact socket will not fit into the wheel hole )
        a locking wheel lug removal kit comes in handy for customers who have lost their key
        good tire guage
        a good selection of filter wrenches ( plier type , strap type , the ratcheting style and a set of the cup type doesnt hurt either )
        a dog bone style drain plug wrench ( very usefull )
        a selection of metric and standard combination wrenches,selection of screwdrivers,selection of pliers,a good heavy hammer and a selection of metric and standard sockets with some extensions and a long reach ratchet handle also I found a cordless screw drive ( 18 volt ) very handy

some places provide tire repair tools such as valve core remover , valve stem install tool , and plug tools for flat repair( I provided my own so as to not have to search for the shop ones ) also used my own tire inflator-prefer the amflow one as well as provided my own funnels. I had this all set up in a 4 drawer shop cart-easy to move from rack to rack ( we used torque sticks on all lugs-shop provided-but sometimes a customer would request their wheels be hand torqued – I provided my own torgue wrench ) hope this list helps you out.

ElfyElfy
        Participant

awesome bro, thank you

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…