Menu

Toyota quality, quietly going down the crapper.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Automotive Discussion Toyota quality, quietly going down the crapper.

• Creator
    Topic
    JesseJesse
    Participant

Ah, yes Toyota, a name that brings millions of Americans peace of mind. They know that if they buy a Toyota they are getting reliability and a guarantee of quality workmanship. Toyota and Lexus banners brazenly boast “LOWEST PRICE OF OWNERSHIP!!” and the masses are all too eager to eat that slogan up.

I’m here to tell you that today’s Toyota is not your parents Toyota — their quality has quietly been declining since 2007 in my opinion. In the shop I am constantly baffled by the issues newer Toyota’s are having. Prius’s and Highlanders are burning tons of oil at 50,000 miles, Prius’s are having weird electrical issues, transmissions are shifting oddly clunky for how old the car is. The Scion brand especially have more problems than you would expect. The FRS especially is plagued with a few gremlins such as faulty injectors, which STILL haven’t been hammered out by Toyota/Subaru. I’ve also seen a few cars leaking oil with less than 75,000 miles.

Has anyone else been noticing this shocking downward spiral in Toyota’s quality?

Viewing 46 replies (of 46 total)
    Viewing 46 replies (of 46 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…