I have a 1997 Toyota Tacoma 2.4L automatic that stalled on me at a stop sign (3 miles from home; so it was just getting up to regular operating temp).
I have do a LOT of work to fix this issue, and still have not been able to cure the issue. It is better, at least now the stalling is unpredictable, instead of ALL the time.
First, everything that I replaced since the start of the issue:
- All Spark plugs
- All Spark Plug wires
- Distributor Cap and rotor
- Fuel Filter
- Fuel Pump
- Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Ignition Coil
- Throttle Position Sensor(tested bad at idle position)
- Crank Shaft Position Sensor (added this after suggestions in thread)
- Throttle Body
- MAF Sensor
- Added a can of SeaFoam to the gas tank and a little to the crankcase as well.
- ODB2 Codes that I have received during this saga.. P0300 multiple misfire and P1300 ignition coil cylinder 1 misfire.
- I have not pulled the EGR, however, I have pulled the PCV valve hose off (and it dies.. which is what it should do).
[il]Tested the Crankshaft Position Sensor with a multimeter, tested good, so did the wire harness[/il]
Since all of this work, I have been able to get it started and keep an idle, drive it a short distance, then it will stall out and not idle afterwards. Then the next day, without doing anything to it, it will start and run again. Now, Sometimes it Stalls, sometimes it doesn’t. I have been working on this issue for nearly 3 weeks now, with no certain fix.
:sick: THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE !!! :S
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.