Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • TPMS Repair (05 Chrysler town and country)

TPMS Repair (05 Chrysler town and country)

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here TPMS Repair (05 Chrysler town and country)

• Creator
    Topic
    Thomas FerryThomas Ferry
    Participant

I am curious if I would need to go to a dealership or could a tire shop fix or repair these if it helps I’m in the Dayton,Ohio area.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BillBill
      Participant

It depends on what is causing the problem. Most good tire shops should be able to replace a damaged wheel sensor however.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

+1, you need to know what the issue with the TPMS is first, but to answer your question a tire shop should be able to perform that repair if they’re able to pull the codes. Pulling the codes would be the first step.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thomas FerryThomas Ferry
          Participant

I know whats wrong with the sensor. basically when my grandmother had the tires in her car replaced the shop she went to screwed up the sensors and broke em i think. Really this thread was only of general inquiry on who i would take it too.

A toyotakarlIts me

Recommend you take it to a good professional tire shop…. They should have all the equipment to replace/re-program (if necessary) a TPMS… Some are easier than others… Remember they have to remove the wheel and the tire to do this…

Expect to pay $75-$200+ for this service… Also this is per wheel…

-Karl

Thomas FerryThomas Ferry
              Participant

>_< Joy.. sodding... anywho. This goes to show that the cheapest option is always the worst option.

zerozero
                Participant

Any shop worth it oil stains has the proper equipment to check your tpms system. I’m sure if you check around and let them know that you may have one or more broken sensors that will require replacement they will probably do the diagnosis for free.

It’s also possible that the vehicle requires a TPMS relearn. Chrysler’s tend to be incredibly picky about taking a relearn. Basically for whatever reason they often shut off during servicing of the wheel. Ant tire guy worth his oil stain won’t let a car leave with a tpms light on.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…