Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Turbo 350 automatic transmission leak

Turbo 350 automatic transmission leak

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Turbo 350 automatic transmission leak

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan WoffordRyan Wofford
    Participant

so basically I just bought this truck for a great deal and drove it home ( here’s the story on this magnificent machine { http://www.ericthecarguy.com/kunena/2-General-Discussion/60536-driving-a-1979-k5-after-sitting-6-years }) anyways it’s a 1979 Chevy K5 Blazer Cheyenne edition with a 350 ci engine and a turbo 350. when there is no load on the transmission like when it’s in park, it hardly leaks however when the truck it put into drive, the pan gasket starts puking really bad, any ideas on this issue (besides changing the filter which I plan to do but I don’t believe it would cause this issue) any thoughts are appreciated!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

If its the pan gasket have you tried to slightly snug it? unless someone from
        previous used RTV + a gasket which may be why its leaking. Either way it
        sounds like the pan needs to come off.

Ryan WoffordRyan Wofford
        Participant

but why would it leak only when it’s in gear? I’m fairly certain it’s the pan leaking but it could be something else

Bryan HallBryan
          Participant

Pressure.

When it’s in gear, things are moving faster, moving harder, and that increases pressure. Things run hotter too, the viscosity of the fluid lessens.. and can come spurting out the pan gasket a lot easier.

CollegeMan is right.. the pan’s gotta come off and you need to replace the gasket for best results.

-Hinoki

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…