Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Unusual finds while working on a vehicle

Unusual finds while working on a vehicle

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion Unusual finds while working on a vehicle

• Creator
    Topic
    Gerald HixGerald Hix
    Participant

I was wondering what mechanics have found while working on a vehicle. I once found a ball bearing inside a vacuum hose leading to an EGR valve. Now I’ve learned that an old neighbor has been calling me because he bought an old F150 just like mine. He calls me from time to time to see what I did to repair the problems he’s now facing. He has a noise coming from the front of the engine which sounds like a whirring noise when accelerating down the street. I don’t have that noise so he’s looking into everything he can find in order to locate that noise. Since I’m no longer around to help him, I can only help over the phone. A neighbor told him about changing out his fan clutch, water pump, and hoses along with the thermostat. When he took off the lower radiator hose a tool fell out of the hose. From the picture he showed me it was a 3 inch 3/8 drive extension. I thought that was unusual so now I’m wondering who else may have a story to share. He learned that the noise was coming from the a/c compressor clutch.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jerome RichardsJerome Richards
      Participant

I have found Under the hood a lot of 10mm wrenchs, sockets, extensions, screwdrivers, flashlights, fluid caps,pliers, spark plug, eyeglasses, watch and a wedding ring.

ReginaldReginald
        Participant

Not sure if you already knew about this but Eric himself posted a video about this very subject on his other channel:

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…