Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • URGENT! NEED help mild wreck now nothing works!

URGENT! NEED help mild wreck now nothing works!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here URGENT! NEED help mild wreck now nothing works!

• Creator
    Topic
    MatthewMatthew
    Participant

My friend (VW Bug is hers) got wrecked today wasnt a bad wreck but the bumpers gone the blinkers dont work at all the headlights she dont think work either from what she said only the reverse and 3rd brake light work. Now i dont quite get why a minor accident work cause all of this

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

A harness could have been cut or one of the fuse/relay box could have gotten hit.
        You will need to inspect the damage.

Kevin CriswellKevin Criswell
        Participant

New style bug? Or old style?

MatthewMatthew
          Participant

new style bug (98-06) talking to her it seems that to fix it the car needs to have 3 fuses replaced the wires taped up and some Amber Colour Utility LEDs rigged up as blinkers.

I have not looked over the car yet but here is what i know and which i base my thought of the problem:

Headlights work fine all lights in the back except the passenger taillight work. Blinkers worked a bit then quit so heres what i have come to conclusion on:

Fuse 2 and 22 have blown fuse 2 is for turn signals fuse 22 is for right parking/tail lights. here is what i assume happened:

Turning on the right blinker either a broken bulb or exposed wire (again have not looked at it yet) has come in contact with the body on the right side and blew the blinker fuse. In turn the parking lights when turned one shorted in the same way as the blinker and in essence made the taillight go out. And i am assuming (but have not confirmed) that the hazard light fuse has blown too. The License plate has come off the bumper cover but still intact i plan to use Zip Ties to secure the plate back on the bumper for time being. I plan on wiring in some Utility LEDs for the blinkers when she orders them.

Participant

exact year leo and I will post the wiring diagrams for the lighting system for you

MatthewMatthew
              Participant

Participant

Leo, I’ll have to poet it tomorrow. My disc for VWs is at home (I am over at a friends tonight doing some diagnostic work on a washing machine)

MatthewMatthew
                  Participant

ok no problem i was gonna tackle the car on Monday anyways all i really need to know is for when i wire in new blinkers lights which colour wire in the harness ill have to tap into (ill most likely ground them using the bumper itself its metal and its still there lol

Participant

[quote=”LeoTheLion89″ post=79172]ok no problem i was gonna tackle the car on Monday anyways all i really need to know is for when i wire in new blinkers lights which colour wire in the harness ill have to tap into (ill most likely ground them using the bumper itself its metal and its still there lol[/quote]

No problem,

Participant
                        MatthewMatthew
                        Participant

Thanks for those Diagrams. Although she didnt let me touch the car she did have a family member fix it up like new. We are no longer friends so i really could care less anymore and at this point i have no clue if is bug is sill on the road. Knowing by the way she drives its probably not.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…