Menu

Volvo 2004 s60 brakes question

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Volvo 2004 s60 brakes question

• Creator
    Topic
    Tim RoweTim Rowe
    Participant

This is a bit of a stumper. The car has been sitting for a while, several months. So I got it running, but notice spongy brakes. So I decide to replace fluid/bleed system. I add new fluid, then starting st passenger rear, using vacuum pump, bleed. Works good.

Then I want to try oldfashion way(bottle partially filled with fluid, and pumping brakes) just to make sure. All wheels work good except pass rear. The pedal is hard as a rock, but no fluid moves. I remove bleeder all the way, pump pedal, no fluid, pedal hard. Then I start undoing brake lines…going up to the abs module, pump pedal, no fluid. So I’m not getting any fluid out of abs module to pass rear. I compressed pass rear caliper with c clamp, it moves, but won’t move. back out when pumping pedal.

Now I try test drive, pedal is firm, braking is so so…on a hard brake, the drivers front locks up all the way. Pass front pulses like it should. Pass rear, still will not compress caliper. Ideas? I’m thinking bad abs module. No codes or warning lights/indications.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…