Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • vw 2002 jetta could it be the transmission fluid?

vw 2002 jetta could it be the transmission fluid?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here vw 2002 jetta could it be the transmission fluid?

• Creator
    Topic
    kevin funkkevin funk
    Participant

Hi, so with my 2002 vw jetta, there is a delayed engagement with the automatic tranny after putting it into drive. It takes about 2-3 seconds for the clutch to fully engage. The car will move a little sometimes and then engage suddenly. This problem is intermittent and doesn’t always happen. Sometimes, especially after warm, it will not have this problem at all. I took it to a transmission guy who wanted my car over night. Fearing a costly commitment to my piece of trash vehicle, I asked him if it could be anything thats $300 or less like fluid issues. He said no, because if it’s low fluid, the problem shouldn’t be intermittent, it should be steady. Is this true? everything ive read so far suggests fluid could be at stake. Thanks!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by kevin funkkevin funk.
    Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

Not knowing the service history of the vehicle (or the mileage), it does not sound to me like the fluid. However, if you can DIY it, you probably have little to lose by trying a fluid change. Have you scanned the TCM for any codes?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Dave TidmanDave Tidman.
      Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…