Menu

Warning!! Sponsored Content

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG1 Video Discussions Warning!! Sponsored Content

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

Lately it seems that I’ve been getting more negativity in the comments than usual. Rather than taking the time to type out a string of responses, I decided to make this video as my response. I hope those that feel I’ve ‘sold out’ get a better perspective on where I’m coming from, and those that have always supported me are entertained by the video.

I’m sure I’ll see more than my fair share of comments on this one. Should be interesting.

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jonathan StiverJonathan Stiver
      Participant

It says a lot about Eric’s dedication to his channel that he still addresses negative comments he gets and takes it to heart. I appreciate how humble you are in that sense and that’s one of the main reasons I’ve stayed a loyal fan for years. I really don’t get it either, nowadays advertising is literally everywhere, even street signs, I’m lucky there’s not a billboard in my apartment. Having said that, with it being clearly labeled as separate content on this channel has got to be about as honest and admirable as it comes. I’ve watched nearly every single ETCG video there is, and sponsored content does NOT bother me one bit. In fact the only video I disagree with is the video about putting new tires on the front axle, because it goes against industry standard without any real scientific or factual data and it’s a safety issue. I believe those with an audience like ETCG have a responsibility to their viewers, and unfortunately, given the large volume of viewers, it’s extremely likely that somebody didn’t know any better and took that advice and it led to a motor vehicle crash, possibly resulting in injury or death. Such important matters of safety should be left to the experts. So if there’s any criticism to be taken to heart, please let it be directed towards more serious matters like that, and leave the more frivolous complaints alone.

Ed GlosengerEd Glosenger
        Participant

Keep doing what you are doing! You put out a ton of free content for us to enjoy. I can’t say I enjoy all of your videos, but I do appreciate the effort to produce them. If you get sponsors to help with the costs, great! You can continue to entertain and educate us (at least those of us that doesn’t know everything already LOL). Thank you for what you do!

Bryce JohnsonBryce Johnson
          Participant

Chances are the people who are complaining have zero clue about running a business. I first encountered your videos when looking up a 03′ cavalier power rack and pinion replacement guide as I was concerned about what all I would have to lower or remove to get it out. Very good video by the way and I realized after adding up all other things wrong with the car it was best for a trade-in.

Since then I’ve watched about 25% of your videos so far and subscribed.

PS: 2016 ETCG Meet looked awesome after watching yours and ScannerDanner’s video, love the welded tie rod gag gift. You gaining almost 1,000 new subscribers in the last week or two should say you’re doing the right thing and having good content. Fairmont project looks great, sorry to hear about the non authentic K member parts… SUCKS!

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…