Menu

Welcome to Technicians Only/ Introduce yourself

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Technicians Only Welcome to Technicians Only/ Introduce yourself

Tagged: , , ,

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

This forum is started by suggestion from one of the forum members, SpawnedX. The idea behind it is to have a place where technicians can talk about their experiences and ideas concerning their careers and profession. Think of it as sort of an extension to ETCG1 were we talk about things that concern us and the automotive industry. This is for technicians only so please don’t post automotive questions here. If you are a technician welcome to this forum, if not please stay behind the yellow line. Perhaps we can start by introducing ourselves.

I’m Eric Cook aka EricTheCarGuy. I’ve worked as a professional technician since 1996 and have been an ASE master technician for the past 15 years. I worked for Acura at the dealer for about 8 years and spent the rest of my time working at aftermarket shops on both imports and domestics. I’m also an Acura certified master technician which I got as a result of my training at Acura. For a brief time I ran a Carx after I lost my job at Acura, that was interesting and challenging in many ways but I did work with some good people there and learned a lot about running an automotive business as a result of that experience. Now I have a successful auto repair show on the internet as well as a successful website and forum. To be honest my favorite job so far has been working as ETCG, it seems my entire career including my termination from Acura has led me to this place and I could not be happier with the result. I suppose that just goes to show you never know where you’re going to end up.

Welcome to the Technicians Only forum, I look forward to getting to know you and your work better.

ETCG

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 373 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      drewdrew
      Participant

Hi there my name is drew,

I am from the great white north also known as CANADA. I am a licensed certified Automotive Service Technician as well as licensed Heavy Duty Technician. I worked in auto for 8 years before moving on to the heavy stuff. I still work on cars and trucks on the side for extra cash. for my full time job I work on Locomotives…and they are BIG..lol anyways i am looking forward to being a part of this forum and making some friends along the way.

drewdrew
        Participant

Hi there my name is drew,

I am from the great white north also known as CANADA. I am a licensed certified Automotive Service Technician as well as licensed Heavy Duty Technician. I worked in auto for 8 years before moving on to the heavy stuff. I still work on cars and trucks on the side for extra cash. for my full time job I work on Locomotives…and they are BIG..lol anyways i am looking forward to being a part of this forum and making some friends along the way.

Dominic CarrollDominic Carroll
          Participant

Hi, My name is Dom. I started my apprenticeship in a large vauxhall dealership in Glasgow. up until June this year it has been the only garage that I have worked in. I have now moved myself and young family to Melbourne Australia to be the senior tech at an Opel garage which has just launched in this country. Opel is part of the gm group and has some great looking cars. I regularly use the tech2 and mdi scan tools. It’s a pretty big step for me as a tech as I was used to having an auto electrician and a foreman above me that could help me out with some problem jobs. I have 14 years experience and I try to learn and develop every day. Looking forward to being part of this.

Dominic CarrollDominic Carroll
            Participant

Hi, My name is Dom. I started my apprenticeship in a large vauxhall dealership in Glasgow. up until June this year it has been the only garage that I have worked in. I have now moved myself and young family to Melbourne Australia to be the senior tech at an Opel garage which has just launched in this country. Opel is part of the gm group and has some great looking cars. I regularly use the tech2 and mdi scan tools. It’s a pretty big step for me as a tech as I was used to having an auto electrician and a foreman above me that could help me out with some problem jobs. I have 14 years experience and I try to learn and develop every day. Looking forward to being part of this.

StephenStephen
              Participant

Hey yall,

Names Stephen from Virginia. I am very new to the industry. Just landed my first job/internship in the career field about a month ago. I have always had a passion for cars and mechanics though. I have no formal training other then what I’ve learned from being around cars my whole life and what I’ve learned since I started this job. I plan on going to school after this internship is over with and working as a mechanic for the rest of my life. The way I’ve always seen it is that if I can get a job in a mechanical shop, I’ll never retire and work until the day I die because I have such a passion and love for automobiles

StephenStephen
                Participant

Hey yall,

Names Stephen from Virginia. I am very new to the industry. Just landed my first job/internship in the career field about a month ago. I have always had a passion for cars and mechanics though. I have no formal training other then what I’ve learned from being around cars my whole life and what I’ve learned since I started this job. I plan on going to school after this internship is over with and working as a mechanic for the rest of my life. The way I’ve always seen it is that if I can get a job in a mechanical shop, I’ll never retire and work until the day I die because I have such a passion and love for automobiles

Jose Enrico MallariJose Enrico Mallari
                  Participant

My name is Ric. I specialize on conventional and electronic diesel fuel injection systems. I have always liked working on cars.

After finishing college, I enrolled myself on a vocational course on auto-gas/diesel trouble-shooting and overhauling back in the Philippines. 

I mostly do my own mechanical repairs if I can on my own car (carburetor repair, brakes, rack and pinion steering, change-oil and tune-ups, etc..). Even managed to run everything on my car with just six bosch relays and recycled wiring (my main wiring harness was burnt -result from a botched welding job). It’s amazing what you can do with a few bosch relays and a bunch of diodes. 

Got employed in an automotive service company involved in fixing diesel fuel pumps (Malabon Diesel Injection Service). Being a Bosch Diesel Center Workshop, Mr. Bernardo trained me how to service electronic and conventional types of diesel fuel injection pumps.

Blessed to have an opportunity to work in Singapore, my current employer deals mainly with Volvo and Scania Trucks and Bus.

Jose Enrico MallariJose Enrico Mallari
                    Participant

My name is Ric. I specialize on conventional and electronic diesel fuel injection systems. I have always liked working on cars.

After finishing college, I enrolled myself on a vocational course on auto-gas/diesel trouble-shooting and overhauling back in the Philippines. 

I mostly do my own mechanical repairs if I can on my own car (carburetor repair, brakes, rack and pinion steering, change-oil and tune-ups, etc..). Even managed to run everything on my car with just six bosch relays and recycled wiring (my main wiring harness was burnt -result from a botched welding job). It’s amazing what you can do with a few bosch relays and a bunch of diodes. 

Got employed in an automotive service company involved in fixing diesel fuel pumps (Malabon Diesel Injection Service). Being a Bosch Diesel Center Workshop, Mr. Bernardo trained me how to service electronic and conventional types of diesel fuel injection pumps.

Blessed to have an opportunity to work in Singapore, my current employer deals mainly with Volvo and Scania Trucks and Bus.

Andy WhiteAndy White
                      Participant

My name Is Andy White I am 20 years old and I Am Currently Attending St. Cloud Technical College here in minnesota. I Want to specialize In Engine/Drivetrain (Engines, transmissions, transfer cases, Rearends. I might look into taking the medium/Heavy truck course they offer at the college and possibly become a diesel Technician.

Andy WhiteAndy White
                        Participant

My name Is Andy White I am 20 years old and I Am Currently Attending St. Cloud Technical College here in minnesota. I Want to specialize In Engine/Drivetrain (Engines, transmissions, transfer cases, Rearends. I might look into taking the medium/Heavy truck course they offer at the college and possibly become a diesel Technician.

Keymaster

I just wanted to jump in and thank those of you that have taken the time to sign up and contribute to the site. I may have started this website but I’m a far cry from knowing everything and the fact that you’re willing to sign up and share expertise on this forum is appreciated very much.

Thank you all.

Keymaster

I just wanted to jump in and thank those of you that have taken the time to sign up and contribute to the site. I may have started this website but I’m a far cry from knowing everything and the fact that you’re willing to sign up and share expertise on this forum is appreciated very much.

Thank you all.

blacK20blacK20
                              Participant

Hi I’m Kevin from BC Canada. Worked several years previously for BMW, and currently with Ford for the last 7 years. Master and diesel certified for Ford and a step away from attaining hybrid certification. I believe I am truly a “do it all” tech but my main focus is in driveability and engine repairs. A long time follower of ETCG and there’s always something to learn!

blacK20blacK20
                                Participant

Hi I’m Kevin from BC Canada. Worked several years previously for BMW, and currently with Ford for the last 7 years. Master and diesel certified for Ford and a step away from attaining hybrid certification. I believe I am truly a “do it all” tech but my main focus is in driveability and engine repairs. A long time follower of ETCG and there’s always something to learn!

cliff hallidaycliff halliday
                                  Participant

Cliff here from the Rust Belt state of New York. Been a school bus tech. for 30 plus years both in sunny socal and N.Y…ASE Master School Bus Tech. as well as Automotive Gas and Diesel engines, and brakes…Really enjoy the medium and heavy diesel computer diagnostics as well as the repair of automotive “check engine lights”…Nice to find a place where others have a passion for technology and what they have chosen as a profession…

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 373 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…