Menu

What do you ride?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Motorcycle Forum What do you ride?

This topic contains 67 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by Michael Cheney Michael Cheney 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Eliud Munoz
    Eliud Munoz
    Participant

I would like to start off the forum by asking what people ride. Pics and funny stories would be nice to hear. I would like to start off and say that I ride a 1982 Yamaha xj650. I got it during a police impound auction for about 500$. I have only learned how to ride and have still yet to get my license. I want to fix it up before I get my license. Am glade Eric made this. Hope people relise that this forum is here. Will ask lots of questions becuse I have never owned a motorcycle and am not too sure on the service. Thanks for taking time to read this. Would love to see others bikes and what not.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Nick Warner
    Nick Warner
    Participant

My favorite one is the one I currently own, a 79 Yamaha XS1100. Once you hit four digit engines you can never go back. It has a nice riding stance that doesn’t make my back sore like crotch rockets do, a comfortable seat yet more than enough power and agility if I want to lay down the hammer a bit. Going to rip it down this winter and do a few tweaks to the motor along with some new paint.

Saving up my money for the new Raider S. What could go wrong with a factory chopped 1850cc EFI V-twin? My girl saw one at a bike show and told me we need to get it. She had never ridden on one until she met me, now she hounds me about getting to ride on it. I use my bike as a commuter any day the weather is nice and I don’t absolutely need my truck.

Todd
    Todd
    Participant

New here and was glad to see a motorcycle thread. As this is just my second post I’ll keep it short and to the point. Here are a few that I currently own/ride.

Attachments:
    Kevin Criswell
    Kevin Criswell
    Participant

[quote=”SkyPuncher” post=81928]New here and was glad to see a motorcycle thread. As this is just my second post I’ll keep it short and to the point. Here are a few that I currently own/ride.

[/quote]

This is the one I had for years till my illness got bad enough that I had issues riding than I sold it.

Restored it from being a barn bike.

Todd
    Todd
    Participant

Nice Suzuki, bet it was like riding on a cloud over long distances!

Kevin Criswell
    Kevin Criswell
    Participant

[quote=”SkyPuncher” post=82044]Nice Suzuki, bet it was like riding on a cloud over long distances![/quote]

Oh yeah, the GS line has always been my favorite in the Suzuki brand.

Todd
    Todd
    Participant

Yep, the T-500 and GT-750 two strokes are fun, but the GS is just so smooth with great power delivery. Currently have the 1100 in the pic and 2 gs850’s a gs550 and a gs425

Kevin Criswell
    Kevin Criswell
    Participant

[quote=”SkyPuncher” post=82054]Yep, the T-500 and GT-750 two strokes are fun, but the GS is just so smooth with great power delivery. Currently have the 1100 in the pic and 2 gs850’s a gs550 and a gs425[/quote]

Very nice.

Owen Jeffries
    Owen Jeffries
    Participant

[quote=”eliud712″ post=63198]I would like to start off the forum by asking what people ride. Pics and funny stories would be nice to hear. I would like to start off and say that I ride a 1982 Yamaha xj650. I got it during a police impound auction for about 500$. I have only learned how to ride and have still yet to get my license. I want to fix it up before I get my license. Am glade Eric made this. Hope people relise that this forum is here. Will ask lots of questions becuse I have never owned a motorcycle and am not too sure on the service. Thanks for taking time to read this. Would love to see others bikes and what not.[/quote]

2009 Honda Cb1000R

Kevin Criswell
    Kevin Criswell
    Participant

Honda CBs are always nice.

mohsen
    mohsen
    Participant

hey every one
    I got a 06 Kawasaki zx6R 636
    black in color with lot of sparkles with in the paint (custom)
    silver wheels and chassis
    only mod so far are the block off plate, HID, paint

Ryan Poteet
    Ryan Poteet
    Participant

I have a 2003 Honda shadow spirit 750
    V&H exhaust
    Rejetted carb
    K&N air filter
    Nothing else has been done to it. I have had to do a lot of work to it because of the last owner not doing regular maintenance on it even though he had a service manual…. Won’t be riding the first chance I get since I’m moving overseas and have to drain all the fluids out to ship it over. Keep 2 wheels down.

Jerry Jones
    Jerry Jones
    Participant

Nothing to special just a little chopper I threw together.

Willo
    Willo
    Participant

Stock 89 Kaw Ex 500 White Pearl / Gold stripes

I keep trying to get the original black pipes repainted high heat white with crylon color gold stipes,
    to match up with the OEM stripes just above them.
    I must have 5 or 10 coats on those pipes already.

Flemming Jacobsen
    Flemming Jacobsen
    Participant

I don’t drive anything yet, since I just got my full unrestricted license back in December 13, but I am present debating between a Honda Hornet, Honda VFR750, Yamaha XJ600n/Xj6n and a Kawasaki ER-6n or equivalent

Mike Sode
    Mike Sode
    Participant

[IMG]http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx277/edos25/1_zpsa225600c.jpg[/IMG][/img]

1975 Honda CB750f

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading…