Menu

What do you think?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Technicians Only What do you think?

• Creator
    Topic
    curt charlescurt charles
    Participant

I was selected to interview for this commercial but I did not get the part. I have been with Mercedes for the past 15 years and this commercial tugged at my hart strings. I have put my hart and sole in to learn the latest technology. I am very proud to be the Best Of The Best!

http://youtu.be/fR2M1KpfcXg

I hope you watch the video!!!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      RickRick
      Participant

Thanks for sharing. I just got a job as a tech, not a Mercedes tech I’m not that lucky, but a tech none the less. I think that makes it ok for me to say thank you on here. *tip toes out the door

MikeMike
        Participant

I first watched this here last week, and I keep thinking about the message it sends. I feel so conflicted over it because I aspire to be a true master of something, but my experience in the shitfields of garbagemobiles gives me so much practical ability and ways of fabricating repairs that are 30% the cost of using only dealer parts properly.

It kills me that I’m of the caliber necessary to be like you and those in that video, but I’ve fallen into the cheaper side of the industry because of where I am located and how things pan out in life. If I was in SoCal, NYC, Vegas, or Miami, I could be in a high end dealer or performance shop, but everything has to fall into place in other areas where truly prestigious options are very limited.

It’s a really nice commercial though, and I think I understand why it affects you as much. I’m maybe a 3/4 Mitsubishi guru, and the other 1/4 is things I haven’t and will never see at the dealer. For you to even be 1/2 a Mercedes guru counts a lot more than what I have. Mercedes is definitely the most specialized car brand out there, making Volvo or BMW look like Midas should handle them. I think you should get another raise.

Andrew HigginsAndrew Higgins
          Participant

Neat video. I can’t say I have ever been a fan of circle jerking self promotion. But thats my own hurdle to overcome.

What I think while watching this is how amazing these techs are supposed to be. Masters, blah blah, blah. But they don’t deserve to get paid anything above $60k a year. (thats $32.50 an hour).

I am ASE Master L1 (which means I am good at taking tests) and I work at a interesting shop. We get Porsche race cars, everyday German and swedish cars, and the local areas older exotics. Ferraris, Lotus’s, Deloreans, etc.

Nobody at this shop makes over $55k. No job I could find in the field anywhere near me will pay more then $25/hr. And I have no interest in flat rate.

But I have digressed.

Thanks for posting!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…