Menu

What Do You Think of the New Website?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Forum News What Do You Think of the New Website?

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

As the name implies I’m looking for opinions on the new website. If you have comments or suggestions post them here.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Wyatt TalleyWyatt Talley
      Participant

[quote=”brokemechanic3000″ post=68121]I like the new design but it runs a lot slower than before[/quote]

We are working on that. Hopefully be resolved in the next few weeks.

redfuryredfury
        Participant

I really like the opening page with the big colored radio buttons for your current problem! Anyone visiting the site for the first time is going to find that super easy to use. The forum so far for me has been very smooth and easy to use, everything seems to be easy to find and replying to topics is set up nicely.

kountrymikekountrymike
          Participant

I like having the quick trouble shooting section right up front. No digging through forum posts.

PP
            Participant

Definitely a thumb up! the site is much more clear to me, easier to use and to browse.
              I like the first page with the big buttons, a real invitation to come in.
              Great job. Thanks for us.

Jeff M.Jeff M.
              Participant

Not sure of what it looked like or performed before,and I’m no stranger to forums but I have to say it is smooth! I like the layout and how everything is appealing to the eye of a car guy! Rock on! banana:

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                Keymaster

[quote=”daman2030″ post=73328]Not sure of what it looked like or performed before,and I’m no stranger to forums but I have to say it is smooth! I like the layout and how everything is appealing to the eye of a car guy! Rock on! banana:[/quote]

Thanks for your input. Nice truck.

Jeff M.Jeff M.
                  Participant

[quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=74206][quote=”daman2030″ post=73328]Not sure of what it looked like or performed before,and I’m no stranger to forums but I have to say it is smooth! I like the layout and how everything is appealing to the eye of a car guy! Rock on! banana:[/quote]

Thanks for your input. Nice truck.[/quote]

Thanks Eric,I appreciate it!

HowieHowie
                    Participant

I didn’t see the old site, but I like this site. Great place to learn.

MarkMark
                      Participant

I really like the site, but I’m disappointed that OBD codes are only available to Honda and GM. I’m receiving a code 12 on my 1994 Coralla, and I did receive a brief reply, but not nearly enough to tell me where to start looking for the problem. Toyota said that code 12 just gives them an idea where to begin looking, and that they might end up replacing many parts–at my expense–before locating and repairing what is causing the code 12. I can’t even afford to do that, myself, let alone allowing Toyota to bankrupt me. Surely there must be a better way.

Mark Jordan

Brian MericaBrian
                        Participant

Just wanted to drop in and say I like what you’ve done with the related videos area under the feature videos. Now that the videos are included in the widgets below, you don’t have to worry about navigating away from the page you were originally on. Very nice. Keep up the good work! And, goes without saying, your videos are fantastic. I don’t actually do a lot of repairs but I do enjoy watching the very complex videos. I would love to see engine rebuilds or more engine swaps!

Brian

Aaron AbajianAaron Abajian
                          Participant

Very easy to navigate and use. Great graphics and fonts. Love the way it is laid out. I do have a question about forum posts… I answered a few issues other members had and got many “thank you’s”. I also got Karma points… What are Karma points? Thanks and keep up the great work!

DanDan
                            Participant

Software is a little quirky. A couple of times, while editing posts, I’ve hit the delete button on my keyboard and the webpage has gone back as if I hit the back button in the browser with a click of the left mouse button.

Is there a way to, after submitting a post and without editing the post, to undo the option of being notified of replies to the topic? Or alternatively is there a way to make not receiving notifications the default option?

haydenhayden
                              Participant

I must say this is an awesome sight. The homepage is great! I love how the homepage has that thing where you click the problem and Eric has written and posted videos of ways of diagnosing and fixing it. I couldn’t imagine the amount of effort he has put into doing that. The search function works really great and the site graphics are outstanding. Well done Eric! 🙂

BUT but but but can you get a notification when someone comments on one of your posts? If there is how do i use it?

trussell beamtrussell beam
                                Participant

i love this website banana: as a amature mechanic this is my new home. i love reading and getting a understanding on anything related to cars/engines. and finding soulutions from certified mechanics is only going to help me in the long run.this is the best thing ever, i lierally cant stay off my computer. awesome job Eric

TylerTyler
                                  Participant

Do new topics need to be approved first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…