Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • What is a good brand of liquid electrical tape?

What is a good brand of liquid electrical tape?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk What is a good brand of liquid electrical tape?

• Creator
    Topic
    James O'HaraJames O’Hara
    Participant

I just now finally got a power probe kit long overdue of course but, when using the piercing tool i would want to seal better then electrical tape and i feel liquid tape would probably be best/fastest. So what brands do you guys use and why is it better then xyz brand.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      JustinJustin
      Participant

Interested aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidDavid
        Participant

I don’t know that liquid electrical tape is going to be faster – many require multiple coats and 10 minutes or so of dry time between coats, plus a longer time before use – they could be sort of tacky before complete cure, and rub off/make a mess. That being said, for adhesives, I’d stick with a major name and go from there (so permatex or loctite or something like that – some off-brands may be just fine, but you stand a better chance of getting a good product from a large formulator)

For electrical tape, not all tapes are created equal – I’d stick with something like 3M super 33+ or super 88.

James O'HaraJames O’Hara
          Participant

I asked around multiple sites etc. Had to fight off trolls, and people with assumptions and opinions and finally got a brand all of them have said which is 3M. I also got Gardner Bender. I intend to use it then tape over it once its tacky but, have no experience with the stuff which is why I asked. I always usee 33+ or 88 for electrical tape. I used to only use 88 but, the company i work for now only buys 33+.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…