Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • What is this “fluttery” sound under load in my ’02 Civic SiR?

What is this “fluttery” sound under load in my ’02 Civic SiR?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here What is this “fluttery” sound under load in my ’02 Civic SiR?

• Creator
    Topic
    ABAB
    Participant

Hey all, I picked up an 02 Civic SiR as a winter car. Nice little hatch, about 112k miles.

I’ve noticed this “light fluttery” sound under load and wondering what it could be or if it’s just normal.

Here’s a recording

• Heard clearly under load (accelerating)
      • Sometimes heard very faintly while revving in neutral
      • (clutch position makes no difference)

• Volume does not change with revs or throttle position, it’s just on or off. However, you may be able to hear a slight variation in pitch corresponding with the throttle being opened and closed, kind of like “wweeeeeeeooo”
        [li]I can only hear it from the interior. Pop the hood open and rev it, everything sounds normal.
      • No CEL or other lights.

Otherwise, the engine runs great and never looses power. Everything is stock. I’ve changed oil and filter, changed air filter, checked fluids. Everything looks pretty good, though the service belt could probably be changed.

How can I locate the source of this noise if it can only be heard from inside the car while under load? Any suggestions on what should I look for, specifically?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

You can try mounting a gopro under the vehicle in different areas to try to locate the source area.

ABAB
        Participant

So, I had a mechanic buddy come along for a ride. He says it’s just the intake sound, nothing to worry about.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…