Menu

What was the last tool you bought?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk What was the last tool you bought?

• Creator
    Topic
    celticbhoycelticbhoy
    Participant

Not sure if this topic has been created yet so might as well start one up. We have something like this in another forum and it’s a great resource when looking for new stuff.

Went to sears yesterday and bought an 88 piece socket set with a 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 ratchet. Regular $200, got it for $50. Made in China unfortunately but I need to slowly build my collection for school. This should be a good base.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

I just bought a new Mac Tool 1/2 air impact gun model number AW612Q and i love it!

Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
        Participant

I just bought a new autel maxiDAS scanner (still waiting to get it in the mail actually).
          Bought a couple new air tools etc…

03AP103AP1
          Participant

Bubble flare tool for brake lines.

Not really a tool, but I also bought a service cart from Harbor Freight its the red one with the 3 trays high.

Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
            Participant

Harbor freight had a coupon for their 6-ton jack stands for only $35 bucks.
              I bought a pair, I might go get another pair cause I really like them.
              I like how wide they are and you can get things up nice and high with them.

celticbhoycelticbhoy
              Participant

Inherited a used air compressor which is really great. Going to buy a 3 ton floor jack that has a maximum height of 20″ off a friend of mine who’s moving. Much better than my 2 ton 13.5″ max height jack.

Also, going to make a trip across the border to HFT to purchase a breaker bar and serpentine belt set.

outdoorsman310outdoorsman310
                Participant

i went to sears and bought a allen wrench from a servalite box to cut so i can add weight to my gas bike centrifugal clutch.

Michele PensottiMichele Pensotti
                  Participant

I’ve just bought three tools from ebay

1) a decent floor jack, a Pro-Lift with Speedy Lift and high height (53cm) from germany
                    2) a good pair of jack stands rated for 6 tons and with max height of 61cm from an italian supplier
                    3) a very good welding auto-darkening welding mask for my mig welder (I’ve just bought it and LOVE to weld!)

Also a week ago I bought my first serious vice, a 10cm wide (4 inch) cast iron model wich can also rotate on its base; I think I’ll use it for replacing my cv boots on my trusty little Citroen AX!!

Live long and prosper (and of course stay dirty!)

10nico

Participant

I’ve just bought three tools from ebay

1) a decent floor jack, a Pro-Lift with Speedy Lift and high height (53cm) from germany
                      2) a good pair of jack stands rated for 6 tons and with max height of 61cm from an italian supplier
                      3) a very good welding auto-darkening welding mask for my mig welder (I’ve just bought it and LOVE to weld!)

Also a week ago I bought my first serious vice, a 10cm wide (4 inch) cast iron model wich can also rotate on its base; I think I’ll use it for replacing my cv boots on my trusty little Citroen AX!!

Live long and prosper (and of course stay dirty!)

10nico

Participant

Yesterday I just went and did it! :woohoo:

I got a cheap (69,90 euros) air compressor , a no brand for sure (TopTech) 25 liters , 2HP , 1,5KW , with oil and actually two air outlets.
                        Very small I know but a lot bigger than my other airbrush compressor with its small 3 liters and 1/5HP.

I also got an air impact wrench from Fiac (i read it’s a good brand here in italy) with full set of bits (from 8 to 27), 350nm of torque.

All for the cost of a corded electric impact wrench, but more flexible in my opinion.

Now I have to assemble the new shelf I got along those two tools to put all my other tools.
                        A *huge* shelf, 42x37cm 😆

Now my garage is completely FULL! :woohoo:

Well…except the ceiling and the door :silly:

Live long and prosper (and stay dirty!)

10nico

Participant

Yesterday I just went and did it! :woohoo:

I got a cheap (69,90 euros) air compressor , a no brand for sure (TopTech) 25 liters , 2HP , 1,5KW , with oil and actually two air outlets.
                          Very small I know but a lot bigger than my other airbrush compressor with its small 3 liters and 1/5HP.

I also got an air impact wrench from Fiac (i read it’s a good brand here in italy) with full set of bits (from 8 to 27), 350nm of torque.

All for the cost of a corded electric impact wrench, but more flexible in my opinion.

Now I have to assemble the new shelf I got along those two tools to put all my other tools.
                          A *huge* shelf, 42x37cm 😆

Now my garage is completely FULL! :woohoo:

Well…except the ceiling and the door :silly:

Live long and prosper (and stay dirty!)

10nico

John B KobberstadJohn B Kobberstad
                          Participant

[quote=”celticbhoy” post=24077]Inherited a used air compressor which is really great. Going to buy a 3 ton floor jack that has a maximum height of 20″ off a friend of mine who’s moving. Much better than my 2 ton 13.5″ max height jack.

Also, going to make a trip across the border to HFT to purchase a breaker bar and serpentine belt set.[/quote]

Where do you cross the boarder?

John B KobberstadJohn B Kobberstad
                            Participant

[quote=”celticbhoy” post=24077]Inherited a used air compressor which is really great. Going to buy a 3 ton floor jack that has a maximum height of 20″ off a friend of mine who’s moving. Much better than my 2 ton 13.5″ max height jack.

Also, going to make a trip across the border to HFT to purchase a breaker bar and serpentine belt set.[/quote]

Where do you cross the boarder?

celticbhoycelticbhoy
                              Participant

Through South Surrey to the Peace Arch crossing mainly. If that’s backed up the 2 hours that it normally is then i’ll go Aldergrove.

Bought an Ingersoll Rand 231C 1/2″ drive Impact Wrench for $130 on Amazon. Just came in today. Cannae wait to use it.

celticbhoycelticbhoy
                                Participant

Through South Surrey to the Peace Arch crossing mainly. If that’s backed up the 2 hours that it normally is then i’ll go Aldergrove.

Bought an Ingersoll Rand 231C 1/2″ drive Impact Wrench for $130 on Amazon. Just came in today. Cannae wait to use it.

W00DBar0nW00DBar0n
                                  Participant

[quote=”celticbhoy” post=44583]Through South Surrey to the Peace Arch crossing mainly. If that’s backed up the 2 hours that it normally is then i’ll go Aldergrove.
                                    [/quote]
                                    Where in the lower-main land you from? I use to live in New Westminster.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…