Menu

What was your first ride?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion What was your first ride?

• Creator
    Topic
    hondaslave1342hondaslave1342
    Participant

Let’s hear it people, dont be ashamed…Is it a car your still own? A car that you wish you still owned?

mine was a 1967 SS396 4-speed Chevelle that i bought in 1986 for $1k….feel like hanging myself for trading it for a brand new set of tires, just because i got tired of putting camshafts in it…..What’s your story…

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      nokinoki
      Participant

My first car was a 1982(I believe), 3 cylinder, carburated, Chevrolet Sprint. And of course I wish I still had it, that thing got absolutely amazing gas mileage.. ..even if you couldn’t have both the lights and wipers on at the same time without it stalling every time you stopped. *snicker*

uposb4uposb4
        Participant

My first was a 1973 Pontiac Bonneville. White with a burgandy top and all the power options. Bought it in 83 for $300.00. The guy bought a new one and wanted it out of his yard.

Vlad2Vlad2
          Participant

My first ride as a 1988 Nissan Maxima. White with tan suede leather (how many cars do you find that on now?). It was a decent car with a 3.0 ltr engine. Only problem was I grew from 5′ 10″ when I got it my junior year to 6′ 3″ my senior year. We had to part ways was I wasn’t comfortable with my knees on the dashboard. Then I got my baby, a 1989 Cadillac Coupe Deville. Red with the fake convertible top and gold package with grey skirting. Great car, ran it till it was almost dead with 165,000 on it.

John B KobberstadJohn B Kobberstad
            Participant

1960 Austin Healy 3000 (manual with OD toggle switch) convertible with tonnau cover if I didn’t want to put the top back up ( was not power had to put up the frame then cover it with top then attach the plastic horizontal sliding windows) I should never have given it away

sag19992001sag19992001
              Participant

mine was mazda 929 sedan 1982, 2000cc 5 speed, but really i like my honda sivic si 1992 i own now.

Venom Z28Venom Z28
                Participant

1990 Chevy Cavalier

celticbhoycelticbhoy
                  Participant

Well, my mom bought a 1994 Nissan Pathfinder and I was the principle driver, but the first car that I bought with my own money was my 1994 Mazda 323, which I still have. I just bought it a few months ago for $1300. Amazing shape, only 165,000 km’s on it.

cupdegrovecupdegrove
                    Participant

Mine was a Triumph TR-7 I got it for my senior graduation present. I raced a BMW 312 and beat it after a Blondie Concert. About 2 weeks later the girl who went with me was killed in a front end collision. I took it pretty hard, but I still loved that car.

Heath KnoxHeath Knox
                      Participant

71 chevy 1/2 ton 4×4

307 v8, 3 on the tree (3 speed manual trans with shifter on the steering column)

What a gutless piece of rusted out poop. But it got me around for awhile and my guess is it got around 5mpg and about 5 miles per quart of oil!

hondaslave1342hondaslave1342
                        Participant

dont let this thread die people….

Trcustoms719Trcustoms719
                          Participant

Quoted From joescorpio:

91 buick century v6, pretty quick, handled like a tank in the snow paid 100. for it. i got 1000 forit as a trade in to a brand new 2001 chevy metro lsi 4 door, which sadly was totalled after i looked down to change a cd

How much did you pay for that ’01 metro new?
                            My sister drives a ’96 lsi 4dr. Man that thing has no guts……! 😛

deadclowndeadclown
                            Participant

i still own my first car it was a christmas present. my first car was a 1993 saturn sw2 wagon great gas milage got it with 112xxx miles now it has 152xxx miles on it. the fist car i bought for myself tho was a 1991 chevy s10 pickup i wrecked it about a year after i got it i miss the hell out of it but i doubled my money on it i bought it for 800 bucks got 1620 bucks from my insurance company and bought my 1998 chevy s10 pickup, heres my wagon

heres the 91 s10 before i wrecked it actually the first day i got it
                              [IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k616/deadclownin01/06182011182.jpg[/IMG] this is after i wrecked my 91
                              and heres my 98

KZ 259KZ 259
                              Participant

2004 nissan maxima, bought brand new and the car is still with me after 8 years. i have grown an emotional attachment to it because i do all the work on it. i want to keep this car as long as possible and i’m already saving up for another car. my maxima is going to have a brother soon (another nissan : – )

VW CrazyVW Crazy
                                Participant

Mine was a brand new ’72 Chevelle. Not an SS, Not a 4 speed. Your mother’s car, complete with white walls and hubcaps (but a 350). When I was done with it it ran 12.62 quarters at 98 mph. At the time the NHRA record for HS/A was 12.42. I sold it when it was 15 years old with 6,600 miles on it. It is still around today traveling from show to show. I have not seen it in 20 years

AlAl
                                  Participant

The first car I purchased on my own was a 1972 Plymouth Satellite, lime green with a white vinyl top
                                    I later ripped off the the white top and covered her in 82 vette blue, it was gorgeous with some keystone rims and mickey thompsons tucked under the rear quarters, then I swapped out the interior, seats dash and all with one from a 74 challenger (it was just better). yeah 318 with the 3 speed ….bulletproof.

Attachments:
                                  Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…