Menu

Whining noise in speakers

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Car Audio Whining noise in speakers

• Creator
    Topic
    BudBud
    Participant

Hi all –

Have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous which occasionally gives a high-pitched whining noise in both driver side door speakers. This happens even when the car is NOT running (ignition OFF) and the stereo is OFF. What is super strange is that it only happens when the car is cold (below about 30 F). And the colder it gets, the louder the whine gets. After the car warms up, the whine eventually stops. Since it is coming from two different speakers, I assume I can rule out a problem with a speaker. Since it happens even with the engine off, I think I can rule out alternator whine or something coming from the engine. What should I look for next?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BlackenZaibBlackenZaib
      Participant

Does your Vehicle have the BOSE system in it? Could likely be a factory amp issue. If you don’t have the BOSE system try changing the balance and fade settings. 1st Set the fade to FRONT only see if the driver’s side speaker still does it. If it does, than set the balance to just the right side. Does it go away?

A key thing could also be do you have the Factory Deck or a aftermarket stereo in it?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…