Menu

Wilton 4600 Bench Vice Review

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Wilton 4600 Bench Vice Review

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I freeking love my new vice. What do you think?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nicholas ClarkNicholas Clark
      Participant

I think it’s an awesome vice. I also like to watch you nerd out about vices. It’s the simple things, man.

Ian WilliamsIan Williams
        Participant

Always cool to get new tools, I’m looking around for a bench grinder over this coming weekend ,

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

[quote=”Commodore665″ post=153399]Always cool to get new tools, I’m looking around for a bench grinder over this coming weekend ,[/quote]

I’ve been very happy with my Ryobi. Wasn’t that expensive either.

Ian WilliamsIan Williams
            Participant

[quote=”EricTheCarGuy” post=153412][quote=”Commodore665″ post=153399]Always cool to get new tools, I’m looking around for a bench grinder over this coming weekend ,[/quote]

I’ve been very happy with my Ryobi. Wasn’t that expensive either.[/quote]

The Ryobi grinder is the one I’ve seen that looks the best value , the Hitachi ,is also a good price

MattMatt
              Participant

Never thought a video about a new vice could be so interesting. But now I really want a new one too.

seansean
                Participant

i think it would be cool if there was a slot to put a cheater bar in it to get more torque so you dont bend the handle like you did with your old one. still an awesome vice but it would be cool to see a vice with that application because iv never seen one like that and sometimes you need more torque then the stock handles allow

Kazuo KuroiKazuo Kuroi
                  Participant

Very nice bench vice there! Wilton makes some good stuff. They have a neat history page: http://www.wiltontools.com/us/en/company/history/

Something semi-related, being a form of vice ( in a way! ) I picked up one of these on the advice of my friend: http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-85-610-10-Inch-MaxGrip-Adjustable/dp/B00009OYGZ

And good god is it wonderful. Think crescent wrench meets vice grips. Its pretty darn cool.

As far as Ryobi tools go, I’ve seen them do pretty well – I’ve owned a few electric drills by them, an electric weed eater, electric lawnmower, as far as consumer/light duty commercial work goes, you can’t go wrong. I’d like to buy one of their impact wrenches, as even a mid-20s guy I don’t feel likt having to pull, push and stand all 200+lbs of me on a breaker bar to break a stubborn bolt loose.

Robyn K. JackmanRobyn K. Jackman
                    Participant

Thank you for the information.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…