Menu

Winter Tires on Civic

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Automotive Discussion Winter Tires on Civic

• Creator
    Topic
    RyanRyan
    Participant

A friend of mine has an 07 Civic EX, that comes standard with 205/55-16 tires. I have a set of snow tires (General Altimax Arctic) from my old car (Subaru Outback) that don’t fit on my new car (Ford Fiesta), and are 225/60-16. Will these tires work on his Civic? I need to sell the tires to pay for a new set for my Fiesta. Thanks!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      3SheetsDiesel3SheetsDiesel
      Participant

The tires will phsically fit on the wheels, but there may be clearance issues on the Civic. My advice to you would be to mount one of the snow tires on one of the Civic’s wheels, bolt it on the front, set the car on the ground and then see if there are any clearance issues when turning lock-to-lock. I think the Subaru tires will be too tall to fit on the Civic.

225/60R16 is a very common size for GM cars (Malibu, Impala, most Buicks, etc) though, you may want to see if there is anyone local to you that has a GM and is in need of some winter rubber, provided that the tires don’t fit the Civic properly.

str8mennisstr8mennis
        Participant

Well to piggy back on this discussion is to say maybe craigslist a lot of people are looking for a deal so try that out

Shaun_300Shaun_300
          Participant

I highly doubt they will work, that’s quite the size change, like stated above 225/60/16 are on Impala’s and Buick’s, doubt they’ll squeeze under a Civic without hitting the wheel wells or struts, also take into account going over large bumps.

RyanRyan
            Participant

Thanks guys, I had a feeling, and looking at the Civic clearance would most likely be an issue. They’re pretty big, chunky tires so it looks like no go. Great to know about that they’re common on GMs, that helps a lot finding buyers. Thanks again!

FaderFader
              Participant

came across this site: http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Reference-Database.asp?Makes=Chevrolet+&Models=MALIBU#Matches

You can search by wheel bolt pattern and see which vehicles match yours. I thought it was very helpful in buying steel winter rims for the ol’ civic. hope this helps. Not really helpful for your tire question but in rims in general.

RyanRyan
                Participant

Quoted From Fader:

came across this site: http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-rods-rat-rods/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern-Cross-Reference-Database.asp?Makes=Chevrolet+&Models=MALIBU#Matches

You can search by wheel bolt pattern and see which vehicles match yours. I thought it was very helpful in buying steel winter rims for the ol’ civic. hope this helps. Not really helpful for your tire question but in rims in general.

That is a great resource, thanks for sharing! Definitely will come in handy.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…