Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Wrenching your vehicle! (what have you done today?)

Wrenching your vehicle! (what have you done today?)

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Automotive Discussion Wrenching your vehicle! (what have you done today?)

• Creator
    Topic
    rice400rice400
    Participant

Took my grandmas car off the battery charger and soon realized that the brake pedal is sinking to the floor. Didnt actually perform any work on it today but realized that the rear brake line is rusted in half

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      3SheetsDiesel3SheetsDiesel
      Participant

It wasn’t today, but about a month ago, which was the last time I did anything to my car other than drive it, I replaced the RR wheel bearing, all four struts, brake pads and rotors at both ends, rotated the tires, changed the oil and the aligned it.&#160

outdoorsman310outdoorsman310
        Participant

well yesterday i modified the levers on my bike to a thicker bolt holding them and tightened the shifter which i had put red loctite

SpawnedXSpawnedX
          Participant

Was just messing with my tune, trying to squeak a little more power out of it before going to the track on Friday.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
            Participant

Worked on a VW Cabrio for a friend replacing spark plugs, intake manifold gasket, diagnosis of injector short to ground codes, diagnosing A/C performance issues and finding a loose heat shield all on my day off._x000D_
              _x000D_
              Ill keep my input on this thread from wh

HandzHandz
              Participant

Changed the Fan Clutch and the Shroud today on my BMW. General servicing. W;)

rice400rice400
                Participant

Figured out why my moms rear drivers side tire keeps losing air. Got a small nail right smack in the middle of the tread. Going to take it in and get it patch/plugged

celticbhoycelticbhoy
                  Participant

The last thing I did to my car was install a tachometer on my dash.

FaderFader
                    Participant

Worked on my Vw jetta the past few days. Completed my first timing belt job. Water pump started to make a noise and I literally got 20kms out of it and it locked up. So interesting job that went well just to find out that my starter failed. Replaced my st

outdoorsman310outdoorsman310
                      Participant

i repaired a starter on a generator. there was corrosion on the bolts holding it together and the mounting place. then i found out the carb had green “gas” in it and the fuel pump didnt work. i found a burnt fuse so i will change that to start.

RickRick
                        Participant

That reminds me, I need to drag my generator out of the garage and run it for a little while.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                          Participant

Just a tire rotation on my Jeep today seeing as we were slow at work.

celticbhoycelticbhoy
                            Participant

I replaced all of the brakes on my buddy’s 2001 BMW 330i then bled them after. First time really working on a BMW and damn it was fun.

davedave
                              Participant

Today at Autozone was a good day. Had a Ford F250 come in with transmission problems; shifting hard into 3rd gear, and overall slipping. I sold him an internal and external cartridge trans filter and 19 quarts of Mobil 1 syntetic trans fluid. His bill came to over $250. Now this is how I hooked him up… I advised him that my school was doing “Service Floor 1” work on vehicles for the next 15 weeks. I offered him a scenario that our school shop could tear apart his trans and replace whatever parts needed replacing… with NO CHARGE FOR LABOR. For example, if a clutch pack was bad, it’d be just a few dollars for a new one. He could theoretically get his trans rebuilt for under $100. This dude was mucho happy. banana:

My other cool diagnosis today was a battery/charging problem. Vehicle occasionally needed to be jump started. Batteries were low at 12.4 volts, but alternator was kickin’ 14.3 volts under load. Diode A/C ripple tested good. Did a voltage drop over his positive terminal at got over 2 volts of VD. Cleaned the terminal and everything worked good. Easy fix. 😉

Get in the zone. AutoZone.

thomas dudmanthomas dudman
                                Participant

Took of my abs module on a 2000 ford windstar,had to drill out the torq bolts holding it down t-40s.Cut the top off the module with a dremelwhere the main board is located and resolder about fifty cracked pins.Put five minute epoxy on top of plastic plate to reseal it.Put it back on and put new bolts in to lock it on the pump and plugged it back in.
                                  Abs light is off and they work great……had to test it in the rain with a panic stop.
                                  Saved about a grand in parts and didnt even have to remove a brake line;)

thomas dudmanthomas dudman
                                  Participant

Today with the same 2000 ford windstar,went to get a automatic car wash.Tried to roll down the window and nothing worked for the driver side…..how embarrasing.Came home took off the door panel and two torq bit bolts hold the motor and bushings on.Took apart the top bushings plate,removed the armature.Cleaned both with electrical spray,lubed the top and bottom of the armature and put it back together and it works perfectly.Well worth the hundred and fifty dollars a new one costs.I guess i should do the other door …..

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…