Menu

Your Opinion on Ford Escapes.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Automotive Discussion Your Opinion on Ford Escapes.

• Creator
    Topic
    steel eatersteel eater
    Participant

I’ve been looking at some Ford Escapes 2008-2010 and wanted to know your opinion on them and if they are good vehicles.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      jbonejbone
      Participant

You can go here for alot of info and insight….www.escape-city.com

jbonejbone
        Participant

There is some info on there for common problems and alot of info, more so than here….i own a 2004 and only problems i have had is a couple bad coils and outer tie rod end…

steel eatersteel eater
          Participant

Would you recommend an Escape?

3SheetsDiesel3SheetsDiesel
            Participant

Escapes aren’t bad little trucks, I haven’t really seen too many in my shop needing much more than basic maintenance. Fluid/filter changes and tires and such. According to Mitchell On-Demand, which get it’s info directly from the manufacturer, the only recall on the Escapes also applies to many other vehicles and it involves aftermarket seat covers that have heavier-than-stock stitching and are interfering with deployment of the seat-mounted airbags. It’s an NHTSA recall, and it applies also to Jeep and Toyota, among others that I can’t think of off hand. All the TSBs listed involve minor issues with the AC, and some intermittent noise from the cams. They seem to be fairly reliable things.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…