Menu

’01 Tacoma 3.4 IAC Question

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here ’01 Tacoma 3.4 IAC Question

• Creator
    Topic
    hondaguy453hondaguy453
    Participant

The truck stalled during startup. I checked for vacuum leaks and didn’t find any. Super low idle when the engine started and it would just stall, so I tapped on the IAC a few times and idle jumped up. I removed the throttle body and iac a little while ago. I wanted to know if the valve was supposed to be open with the KOEO. I’ll manually open the little door that slides open, but when I turn the key on it closes. Is this supposed to happen? The IAC doesn’t look dirty at all, nor does the passage in the TB.

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

I believe the IACV is electronically adjusted by the PCM on that vehicle.

Did you replace the gaskets too when your replaced the IACV?

hondaguy453hondaguy453
        Participant

The IAC gasket, yes, but not the throttle body gasket. I reused that one.

college mancollege man

usually there is no adjustment. By the looks of it.It looks cocked.
            Try to position it like the old.May not be sealing. Take it back and
            get another one.

hondaguy453hondaguy453
            Participant

And the verdict is… bad part lol. I convinced them to go with OEM and the truck idled fine right away. Stupid aftermarket parts… They’re cool for brakes and stuff, but not for sensors or anything electronically controlled. I’ll try to explain this to customers from now on. Thanks guys!

college mancollege man

Your right on these Asian cars not liking aftermarket parts.
                They don’t fit right or work right.Glad that it worked out. 😉

hondaguy453hondaguy453
                Participant

The dumb parts place wouldn’t let me return the faulty one we bought from them. I’m still pretty mad about it, but whatever lol. Last time I go there…

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                  Keymaster

Glad you found the problem, thanks for the update. I’m glad you went with OE as I’ve had issues with aftermarket parts as you suggested.

Thanks for keeping us up to date and for using the ETCG forum.

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…