Menu

04 Sierra ,Truck off and high beam light stays on.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 04 Sierra ,Truck off and high beam light stays on.

• Creator
    Topic
    wtbm123wtbm123
    Participant

04 GMC Sierra .Lately the high beam indicator (blue) stays lit in the dash even though everything is off (engine off, key out, all lights off, etc.). It usually comes on about 10 seconds after the dome light goes out (after closing the door). If the parking lights or lo beam headlight lights is turned on, the high beam indicator does go out, such as when driving. Same if the high beam stalk is actuated. If you are sitting in the truck with everything off, when the high beam light comes on, actuating on and off any light will make it go out, but it will come back on after about 10 seconds. Un plugged the head light switch And the blue high beam light stays on. Also pulled high beam relay,Drl Relay and Drl fuse still blue high beam light is on.With truck running every thing works fine. Any Idea on what could be the cause?

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MikeMike
      Participant

I’m having this exact same problem, but I can’t figure it out. I’ve completely disconnected the light bulbs, BCM and dimmer switch yet my high beam indicator won’t go out. Please provide your solution.

Andrew PhillipsAndrew Phillips
        Participant

It could be moisture getting trapped on the instrument cluster circuit board causing a short. These days the indicators are controlled by transistors that do not require very much current and water vapor from trapped moisture can conduct just enough electricity to switch them on when they aren’t supposed to be. This would also explain the OP’s situation where the condition mysteriously corrected itself–it dried out.

Dave RitterDave Ritter
          Participant

I am having the exact same problem with my 2003 Chevy Silverado. So far whit thread has had the best advise on possible fixes. I also tired them and have not had success. Hopefully we will come up with something.

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…