Menu

2005 CHEVY EQUINOX

• Creator
    Topic
    Michelle CulpMichelle Culp
    Participant

SO I HAVE CODES FOR OXYGEN SENSORS BANK 1 SENSOR 1 AND A CODE FOR BANK 1 SENSOR 2 ALSO A CODE FOR THE MASS AIR FLOW AND PURGE VALVE CANISTER . FUNNY THING IS I JUST CHANGED THE PURGE VALVE CANISTER 3 WEEKS AGO AN THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WENT OFF . NOW ITS BACK ON . PLUS THE BRAKE LIGHT COMES AN GOES ABS LIGHT AN TRACTION LIGHT ARE ALSO ON . I JUST ADDED BRAKE FLUID AN IT DISAPPEARS SOMEWHERE BUT NO LEAKS UNDERNEATH … CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP??

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

To further the diagnostic please post all actual codes.

RobRob
        Participant

Mrs.Culp.2012 wrote:
          SO I HAVE CODES FOR OXYGEN SENSORS BANK 1 SENSOR 1 AND A CODE FOR BANK 1 SENSOR 2 ALSO A CODE FOR THE MASS AIR FLOW AND PURGE VALVE CANISTER . FUNNY THING IS I JUST CHANGED THE PURGE VALVE CANISTER 3 WEEKS AGO AN THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WENT OFF . NOW ITS BACK ON . PLUS THE BRAKE LIGHT COMES AN GOES ABS LIGHT AN TRACTION LIGHT ARE ALSO ON . I JUST ADDED BRAKE FLUID AN IT DISAPPEARS SOMEWHERE BUT NO LEAKS UNDERNEATH … CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP??
          first off I would check the brake system because you dont want that to go bad
          you might have to take the calipers off and check the boots,
          area’s to check is around master cylinder, calipor’s, wheel cylinder’s if you have drums, brake hoses and lines and bootsers and sometimes abs systems… if your not feeling that good about checking them and taking the system aprt and checking each one… you might have to take it to a shop…
          FYI…now over time with you brakes getting thinner you will drop a little bit of fluid because its taking more space to close the brakes… but not much loss
          never allow the master cylinder to go empty!!! you will have to purge and and purge the whole line and everything very tuff to do with out a pro system

what was the codes???
          where they lean or rich??
          you accendintly posted on two form sections
          https://www.ericthecarguy.com/kunena/girlsinthegarage/65037-2005-chevy-equinox-problem-vehicle-also-a-big-head#171565

Andrew PhillipsAndrew Phillips
          Participant

If brake fluid is vanishing from the master cylinder and there are no signs of fluid leakage from the wheels, the fluid could be leaking from the master cylinder into the booster.

When the purge canister was replaced, were the little charcoal pellets running out of it? If so, they could have been sucked up into the lines and could be clogging the control valves. This can be repaired by removing the canister and valves and blowing the lines out with compressed air. Inspect the valves for carbon pellets inside them, and if so, try to carefully remove them with something like a dental pick. If they are really jammed in there tightly, damage to the valve may have occurred necessitating replacement.

Also, for informational purposes, The presence of a code doesn’t automatically mean that a part has failed, it just means that the data received by the computer was out of range from what it was expecting. This can, of course, be caused by a failed part, but it can also be caused by something like the pellets clogging the emission lines. The landfills have received plenty of perfectly good sensors and automotive parts that people have erroneously replaced simply due to a code being thrown.

Participant

i will have my father hook his little tool up n use my smart phone to get the codes again.

Participant

i got these codes…….. HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE
                P0030 -Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) heater control circuit bank 1 sensor 1
                P0036 -Heater Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) heater control circuit bank 1 sensor 2
                P0102- Mass Or Volume Air Flow- Circuit Low input
                P0443 -Evaporative emissions control system purge control valve -circuit malfunction

Participant

My husbands doing back brakes today he said there done for my back tire was soaked with brake fluid.

RobRob
                  Participant

[quote=”Mrs.Culp.2012″ post=171624]My husbands doing back brakes today he said there done for my back tire was soaked with brake fluid.[/quote]
                    you probly have a bad calipor or wheel cyinder that is bad… wipe off and clean all the brake fuild off… brake fluid will eat paint so wipe it off and clean it off with water

RobRob
                    Participant

[quote=”Mrs.Culp.2012″ post=171622]i got these codes…….. HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE
                      P0030 -Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) heater control circuit bank 1 sensor 1
                      P0036 -Heater Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) heater control circuit bank 1 sensor 2
                      P0102- Mass Or Volume Air Flow- Circuit Low input
                      P0443 -Evaporative emissions control system purge control valve -circuit malfunction[/quote]
                      your getting some wierd error messages… what Im thinking is you have an electrical problem and the system is not getting the data from it…. like a blown fuse or a bad cable… is what is going through my mind… I would check every fuse both in the cab and in the engine area… then I would check the wireing harness for any brakes ot signs of melting…
                      check and see if everything works like lights radio , horn ac stuff like that Im figureing something else is dead too from a blown fuse

RobRob
                      Participant

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0443
                        http://www.obd-codes.com/p0102
                        http://www.obd-codes.com/p0036
                        http://www.obd-codes.com/p0030

weird is its like 4 diffrnt area’s…. wich is confuing me and most if them show low as the reading vaule…. you can also see if what your dad’s scan tool has live data… what Im thinking is your will see the sencors dropped out becuase they and not getting power…. maybe someone else can give here ideas.. but thes seam to be all over the place to me… a vacuum leak can maybe cuase it too but Im voting that its some electrical power issue
                        after you get your brake thing figured out I would take your car and have your battory and alternator tested at a autopart store… most will test for free… just to out rule that

Participant

an now my husband said my drive shaft is going out as it makes a tapping noise an i can feel it under my drivers seat ….my equinox is all wheel drive by the way

JustinJustin
                          Participant

I suggest checking your grounds and fuses first.

Edit- Just looked at the schematic, the 10amp emissions fuse in the under hood fuse block is the power for your Maf sensor, both oxygen sensors, and purge solenoid all operate on the same fuse. That there indicates to me you have a blown fuse. I would suggest checking and replacing that first, then we need to discover why the fuse blew. Check that out and let us know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew PhillipsAndrew Phillips
                            Participant

[quote=”Cammed 05″ post=171653]I suggest checking your grounds and fuses first.

Edit- Just looked at the schematic, the 10amp emissions fuse in the under hood fuse block is the power for your Maf sensor, both oxygen sensors, and purge solenoid all operate on the same fuse. That there indicates to me you have a blown fuse. I would suggest checking and replacing that first, then we need to discover why the fuse blew. Check that out and let us know![/quote]
                              +1

JustinJustin
                              Participant

Any news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Loading…