Menu

2013 ETCG Meet Up

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge General Discussion 2013 ETCG Meet Up

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I thought I’d get the jump on this year and make the announcement about this years Meet Up early. This way those of you that are looking to travel to the event have plenty of lead time.

The 2013 ETCG Meet Up will be Saturday July 20, 2013 at the ETCG shop. It will officially start at 12pm EST and go till… well I’m not sure. I hope to have more give aways as well as some other activities to keep us busy while we hang out and talk dirty. Here’s a Google map of the shops location.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=3970+rt+42+mason+OH&hl=en&sll=39.361853,-84.305361&sspn=0.105513,0.223675&hnear=3970+U.S.+42,+Mason,+Warren,+Ohio+45040&t=m&z=17

I’m open to suggestions on what you’d like to do or see during the meet up. Feel free to post them to this thread. I look forward to seeing you there.

Here’s the video from last years event.

Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Keymaster

[quote=”mflstc” post=67485]Thank you Eric The Car Guy for what I consider a very fun & enjoyable etcg meetup 2013 ![/quote]

Thank you for coming. It was great meeting you.

alan dunhamalan dunham
        Participant

Thank you Eric for giving us a chance to spend some time with you. Appreciated the food, the folks and the conversations.
          One thing (not to pick nits, but): I believe you incorrectly described how Honda CVCC engine combustion works. The small third valve lets in a very small but very rich mixture at the last moment during intake and its positioned right next to the spark plug. That small rich mixture is ignited first and causes the very large, but very lean, main mixture to burn as well on the power stroke. Thus, as you mentioned, the overall mixture is very lean burn and therefore low emissions and impressive mpg. And this was introduced in early 1975 I think (because I owned one)… It was advertised as capable of running on leaded or unleaded during the fuel shortages of the mid 70’s when unleaded was being introduced and was in short supply. I ran a lot of leaded while folks were in line waiting at the unleaded islands! Only long term issue was the very small intake passage for the third valve would clog up with fuel deposits after a period of time.
          PS: I’m the guy from Lexington, KY, and thanks again for a great day!

Keymaster

[quote=”ChrisR1987″ post=67525]the meet up was AMAZING cant wait for next years. So many wonderful people there[/quote]

There were a ton of great people there including yourself. Thanks for coming, it was great meeting you.

jeremyfountainjeremyfountain
            Participant

looks like an awesome turnout!

Keymaster

[quote=”popoften” post=67532]Fantastic meetup! Great to meet Eric and all you great folks in attendance at ETCG World Headquarters![/quote]

It was great meeting you. Thanks so much for coming out.

Keymaster

[quote=”RyanS93″ post=67535]Had an awesome time yesterday! Met some great people, had a ton of fun. Thank you Eric and I can’t wait for next year![/quote]

I had a great time myself. Thanks for coming out. It was great meeting you.

Keymaster

[quote=”4buckeyes” post=67536]ERIC;
                    I think is was great to be able meet up and put a name with a face with members. It was an informative forum and a good time. Look forward to meeting up next year. :woohoo:

Thanks Again for the great hospitality,

Derick “4 Buckeyes”[/quote]

You’re most welcome. Thanks for coming out. It was great meeting you. I’m already thinking about next year.

Keymaster

[quote=”dude8370″ post=67547]3 Cheers for our host Eric![/quote]

Thanks so much for coming out. I hope you can make it again next year.

A toyotakarlIts me

Eric,

Thanks for a memorable and informative meet up. We had a great day for it and meeting other members was awesome.

I wish I didn’t have to leave as soon as I did, unfortunately I threw my back out prior to arriving to your shop (It wasn’t lifting up the engine that did it either..). I could not get comfortable to save my life either standing or sitting…

Looking forward to next years already.

Cheers!

Karl

jeremyfountainjeremyfountain
                        Participant

caint wait to see the meet up vid!!

Keymaster

[quote=”college man” post=67549]I’m so sorry that I missed most of the meet up. My plane was
                            delayed an hour.I made it by 4:30 pm and the meet up was wound
                            down. I did get to meet some really Great people that were left. I also
                            got to meet the man, the legend himself. Eric the car guy. What a
                            rush. 🙂 Eric your a fantastic guy. I took pictures of the shop. Sat at Eric’s
                            desk and I got the picture to prove it.Got pictures with Eric. Also
                            got a picture with the infamous Elvis clock. I also saw and signed
                            the ETCG meet up board with everyone else. Thanks for having me. ;)[/quote]

As they say, better late than never. Thanks again for making the trip out, I really appreciated it. It’s nice to finally put a face with the name. We’ll have to do it again next year and hopefully you won’t have to suffer any flight delays.

dude8370dude8370
                            Participant

And as promised Eric!

Attachments:
                              Nicholas ClarkNicholas Clark
                              Participant

What a good meet up! I love being a 2 time Meet Up veteran! I love watching people meet Eric because I know how nice that feels to meet a friend you have had for a long time!

Eric thank you for the food, the fun, and the conversation. You are a gentleman and a scholar!

Regards,
                                Nicholas Clark

Coty MillerCoty Miller
                                Participant

[quote=”dude8370″ post=67592]And as promised Eric!

[/quote]
                                  Something’s wrong, the piston isn’t supposed to hit the head :silly:

davedave
                                  Participant

maybe it’s an interference engine. banana:

Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 110 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…