Menu

96′ Monte Carlo LS not firing

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 96′ Monte Carlo LS not firing

• Creator
    Topic
    college mancollege man

need clarification. is this a crank no start or no crank no start?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

Welcome to the forums!_x000D_
        _x000D_
        +1 with the above post and i would really recommend changing out those other plugs if you only changed the front 3._x000D_
        _x000D_
        Eric’s no start video -_x000D_
        _x000D_
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBUYs539 … rel_x000D_
        _x000D_
        And no crank, no s

rice400rice400
        Participant

Is it possible the

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

The fuel baffle idea has some merit but it could also be that the fuel pump is not placed correctly in the tank.

DomeaphiliaDomeaphilia
            Participant

It is actually a ‘Crank no start’ I can hear it turning over every time I try, but that’s about it._x000D_
              _x000D_
              Also, not quite sure if this makes a difference or not, but sometimes when its cold out and i start the car it makes a clicking noise repeatedly. Just t

619DioFan619DioFan
              Participant

This sounds like a fuel pump issue. you will need to do a fuel pressure test to see if it is within factory specs. you can get an inexpensive fuel pressure test kit from harbor freight tools. test the pressure with the key on but not cranking then test wi

JoshMcJoshMc
                Participant

Check your battery terminals but make sure you have the code to reset the Delco Theftlock stereo if it is still the O.E.M. unit. Those side terminals are garbage and I can not even begin to tell you how many times I have fixed WEIRD electrical issues by c

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                  Participant

With the clicking noises you describe, I would also do a voltage drop test on the feed and ground side of the starter circuit and a big +1 on checking the battery terminals. Do you have the ability to have the battery load tested?_x000D_
                    _x000D_
                    If that all checks ou

DomeaphiliaDomeaphilia
                    Participant

There is no check engine light. It might just be the battery. I had to hook up the jumper cables to it to charge up the battery some and it kept dying out after I tried starting it 3 or 4 times. Soon as I get home from work I’ll do some more testing on it

killmankillman
                      Participant

Ditto on checking and cleaning the battery cables at the terminal ends. Cut the boot off of the battery terminal if needed to check the condition wires. Check the positive wire at the starter as well as the main body ground and the engine block ground. Fo

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
                        Keymaster

If it’s a crank no start try the basics that are outlined in this video to start._x000D_
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBUYs539cy4

John B KobberstadJohn B Kobberstad
                          Participant

What is the fuel pressure compared to spec?

DomeaphiliaDomeaphilia
                            Participant

Followed the instructions on the ‘crank no start’ video and everything checked out minus the fuel pump. I could hear the fuel pump relay going, but not the pump so went to the parts store and bought some jack stands and a fuel pump and strainer. Looked at

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                              Participant

Check the injectors for what? You said it turned out well after replacing them fuel pump?_x000D_
                                _x000D_
                                Im confused. Do you still have the original problem with a no start?

DomeaphiliaDomeaphilia
                                Participant

Yes. Original problem still minus the fact I can hear the fuel pump going now.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                                  Participant

The PCM sends a signal to the fuel pump for only 2 seconds before it cuts off. This is in the event of an accident and the PCM detects no crankshaft revolutions._x000D_
                                    _x000D_
                                    There are several test you could have completed to verify a failed pump such as using a ju

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…