Menu

96′ Monte Carlo LS not firing

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 96′ Monte Carlo LS not firing

• Creator
    Topic
    college mancollege man

need clarification. is this a crank no start or no crank no start?

Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

So you still have a crank no start after charging the battery and cleaning the terminals?

DomeaphiliaDomeaphilia
        Participant

Correct. Charged & Cleaned up. I’ve also checked both fuse boxes for any burnt out fuses and they’re all good to go._x000D_
          _x000D_
          I’m not liking where this is heading too. Oh boy! What’s next?

dreamer2355dreamer2355
          Participant

Answering some of our questions on how you are exactly checking for spark and fuel will be a big help._x000D_
            _x000D_
            Obviously either or both or missing and we need to know which one._x000D_
            _x000D_

Keymaster

Yea if you could provide that it would be helpful.

DomeaphiliaDomeaphilia
              Participant

I’ve sprayer starting fluid while trying to start it up & did the spark jump test you had in your videos. There is gas in the lines I’ve checked after changing the_x000D_
                pump. Not getting any spark at all. Took my ignition module off and had it tested. Not

rice400rice400
                Participant

If you’re not getting any spark, double check the power and grounds at the module. The module could test good, but if its not getting any power than you’re gonna have a no start. If all that checks out it pretty much has to be a crank sensor problem…. o

chadicenhourchadicenhour
                  Participant

Don’t rule out the wiring harness from the crank sensor to the ignition module. Sometimes this harness will hit the rear exhaust manifold and short out causing no start. This is usually caused by a mechanic that didn’t route the harness right while servic

Keymaster

If spark is the problem I would check for the primary signal going to the ignition coil, that may not be easy on your set up however if you have the type with the coils that fasten directly to the ignition module.

rice400rice400
                      Participant

Troubleshooting crank sensor [url=http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/gm_ckp_3.1L_3.4L/ckp_sensor_test_1.php:udym7kwc]_x000D_
                        _x000D_
                        http://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/gm_ckp … test_1.php[/url]

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                        Participant

I would also do a wiggle test of your engine bay harness._x000D_
                          _x000D_
                          I worked on a Chevy truck today with a similar setup. Crank no start. The problem ended up being the 2 wires going to the coil. If i wiggled them, the truck started, While it was running, if i t

Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Loading…