Menu

99 Civic LX – How many AC components to replace when metal shavings seen

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here 99 Civic LX – How many AC components to replace when metal shavings seen

• Creator
    Topic
    coloradotroutcoloradotrout
    Participant

Compressor was making a rattling/beating noise. I replaced it, along with the receiver dryer. The inlet side of the dryer had visible metal shavings, so I think I better replace the condenser. What about the expansion valve on the evaporator? The evaporator? Anything else? I had a shop remove the refrigerant, so it’s empty now. I just need to put the parts back and then take it back to get charged.

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Is 35/225 psi at idle with 75F and 60 RH ok? Someplaces I read that 225 is high and maybe indicative of blockage in the expansion valve (which we did not replace). At higher rpms high side climbs to 300 plus.

Also, when you remove the gauges there is some refrigerant loss from the line. Does that add up much?

Participant

So this is getting interesting.

I reattached the gauges and with no AC, both read 80. Equal and that makes sense. Then I started the car and AC, and the low went to 25 and the high 175. I shut off the AC and it took 5 minute or longer to get the low to 70 and the high to around 125. Somewhere I read they should balance out within a few minutes.

Viewing 2 replies - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…