Menu

ETCG Answers Questions Live #80 (AMA) 1/18/2017

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Answers Questions Live ETCG Answers Questions Live #80 (AMA) 1/18/2017

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

The show will begin at 7pm EST 1/18/2017. This will be another AMA style show so you can ask automotive questions as well as whatever you like (within reason). I’ll do my best to answer as many questions as possible in the hour I’ll be doing the show. Here’s a hint. The sooner you post your question, the more likely it is to get answered!

After the show concludes, I’ll post the video to this thread and lock it down until the next show scheduled for 1/18/2017.

See you tonight!

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      chrischris
      Participant

Eric,your live now,but you have a static issue while talking. either the mic is rubbing on the shirt or something. its only while you talk

RichardRichard
        Participant

My car is a 1996 vw golf 2.0 engine , starts fine but if I drive somewhere then leave it for about 10 mins and try and come out and start it , it just cranks unless I give it some gas

Ray PierceRay Pierce
          Participant

2007 Acura RDX… no heat passenger side.
            Actuator works and can move the door to full heat manually.
            Both heater hoses are hot.
            And drivers side heat is hot.

Brayden J DeanBrayden J Dean
            Participant

Hey Eric! Love the videos. Watched all of the Fairmont build videos.

Anyways, there is a guy selling a 1983 Datsun 280zx Turbo in my area (Interestingly enough, the same T5 that’s in your Fairmont). It runs and drives nice, but stalled a bit when we first drove it (I believe this to be due to not being driven for a while). It was recently painted but has had no body damage. It was a Cali car and has no rust.

Would this be a good buy?

chris woodschris woods
              Participant

hey eric, my name is chris and ive talked with you on youtube a few times about the fairmont engine… anyways finally caught a live show and just want to say hello and things are looking great with the fairmont. i dont really have a question at the moment but would just like to say hi. also ive tried to start my own automotive repair channel on youtube and thought maybe you could check it out. also i work at a tire shop and im the only and main tech as far as working on cars.. i work on everything that comes in and the mix can be a nightmare..lol.. have fun and stay dirty.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqh3UemQa3dn9aYxb5MslQ

WallyWally
                Participant

Hi Eric, Greetings from The Nehterlands. Love your channel. On the topic of waterpump gaskets, to your knowledge, is there any way to make sure the RTV will not leak after installation, and is there anyway to test it other then installing it all, filling it up and pressure test it ? And if there is a leak after a new installation, is there any way to fix that without taking it all off and do a complete reinstall ?

Thanks !

RudyRudy
                  Participant

Hello Eric the car guy, I just bought a 2005 honda accord 2.4L vtec sedan with manual transmission. It has 108,000 mikes. I have had it for about a year now, but noticed it loses oil. What can I do? I looked for leaks and do not see any. Car calls for 5w20 I have used chevron havoline, and Quaker state high mileage oil with no better results. I am currently using Castro high mileage and have driven 500 miles with no loss yet. What do you recommend? Do you think Lucas oil additive will stop the oil burning?

DouglasDouglas
                    Participant

Hey buddy, I’m enjoying the show. 🙂 What are your thoughts on the Craftsman 300 piece Professional Tool Set? I picked one up on mega clearance and they seem like good tools. – Douglas

Tanner BaronTanner Baron
                      Participant

Hi Eric, recent fan to your page, I have a question in regards to my uncle’s truck.
                        The pulley on the air conditioning compressor has a bad bearing. How would I replace the bearing on the pulley that is on the air conditioning compressor. The vehicle is a 1996 Chevy Silverado 4×4. 5.7 vortex. The issue is it that the clutch is “screwed” on. Any input would be much appreciated.

Dave KubusDave Kubus
                        Participant

Hi Eric, first time doing this so I hope I’m doing it right, well here goes… I have a 1997 Honda prelude and it was overheating but I kept driving it, and one night the inside of the car started filling up with white smoke, I looked in the rearview mirror and it was pouring out of the exhaust. About half a mile from home, I tried to get it there and the car sounded like it was under a lot of strain. Got it home and turned it off, a few minutes later tried to see if it would turn over and nothing would come on, it had no power, no lights, nothing. No coolant in the oil and vice versa. Help!

JoeJoe
                          Participant

Hey Eric
                            I have been looking and posting all around the internet including on youtube but I figured I’d ask your opinion….I have a beloved 1978 corvette that more or less out of nowhere has started vapor pinging through carb and exhaust. Exhaust has gas in it that makes small puddles. Engine hs a pretty big loss of power and will miss. I have been told timing however 5%-10 it will run back to normal. It used to get better after warm up now its better on warmup and gets worse. I m told check timing however i hve to buy timing gun and I find it pecuilar it runs than goes into “devil mode”. The engine also goes out on acceleration (ie vrrrooom stop VROOOM) I did full tuneup and blocked vacuum hose before checkvalve. Rochester Carb rebuilt maybe 6 years ago engine perhaps same time I dont remember paperwork that came with car).
                            Fuel pump? there is new filter so doubt there is blockage.
                            Carb?
                            Where do I start?
                            Help!
                            1978 corvette L48 350

hastonandrew2hastonandrew2
                            Participant

what is the best way to seal a leaking crack on a coolant tank on a 2001 ford ranger 2.3l i belive. we don’t have alot of money. much appreciated.

chadchad
                              Participant

Question, i have a 96 and 97 jetta trek. i used rear end from my 97 for my 96 but it keeps banging, really bad i am almost positive i did everything right but unsure what i did wrong. something must have went wrong due to the massive bang from a small bump in highway. should i just reverse the rear ends again? PS. both coil overs are in good condition.

David MarsDavid Mars
                                Participant

Hey Eric I Been watching your vids for a while and they got me out of some gritty jams appreciate that, but I have a problem in regarding a electrical issue. My 97 taurus with 3.0 ohv shuts down randomly I believe this is a electrical because all the the dash light will cut sometimes when it does. Usually before it dies shuts down the lights will dim and the radio will turn off and on where should I start looking?

Tim PhillipsTim Phillips
                                  Participant

Hey Eric on my 1995 Ford Mustang GT Coupe I noticed a noise under the hood at start up and whenever I’m at a stop but the noise goes away when I move it but it returns whenever I come to a stop. Also I noticed a burning smell after driving the car around for sometime. Thanks Eric for any help.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…