Menu

How to place jack stands on van

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here How to place jack stands on van

• Creator
    Topic
    Angel OrtizAngel
    Participant

I have a 2003 Dodge Caravan SE 3.3 and i have no idea how to safely and properly place jack stands under this van at all, i really need help and i have checked all videos on youtube and nothing is helping me.

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Angel OrtizAngel
      Participant

What can i use that is not expensive to be able to apply the correct power to the proper pins to actuate the valve?

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
        Participant

That would depend on the connector being used for your specific vehicle.
          Some can use alligator clip leads with T pins, other can use straight DVOM probes.
          As to power …
          A wiring diagram is quite helpful to determine voltage used or use a DVOM to measure power at the connector.
          Many commonly use 12VDC, but best to confirm for your vehicle in order not to cause damage.
          Once the voltage is confirmed any battery with the same voltage will do.

Angel OrtizAngel
          Participant

this is a film i just recorded now under the 2003 Dodge Caravan so you can see what im trying to to close (seal). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSv4QAhap6c

Angel OrtizAngel
            Participant

I really dont understand and know how to do any of those things, can you please help me or show me how?

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
              Participant

These should be helpful:
                https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=testing+a+canister+purge+valve
                Angel, I’m not picking on you here, but I get the sense you have very little experience in working on cars.
                That’s ok.. we all had to start at the beginning.
                But the beginning usually means basic maintenance, IE tune ups, oil changes etc and progress from there.
                Let me ask you something …
                Do you know and understand the Canister Purge Valve Solenoid Operation?
                By the questions your asking, it would appear not.
                To that I would strongly suggest researching it on youtube
                https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=testing+a+canister+purge+valve
                The amount of time it would take to explain it here, your talking about hours if not days.
                Most of the questions your asking can be clearly demonstrated / shown and explained from videos already posted.
                All you need do is research the question(s) your asking.
                If you have a question after that no problem.
                Most of us here try to assist or lend some guidance, but many are not in a position to spend hours or more trying to give a full step by step procedure on specific diagnostics on vehicles we have no access to.
                We have general knowledge and can suggest where to look for specifics.
                I do hope you can understand what I’m trying to convey.

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…