Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Favorite Cars Least Favorite Cars

• Creator
    Topic
    mkcmkc
    Participant

’70 Chevelle 350 2bbl
      -surging on acceleration
      -left front tire wore out on the outside in less than 5000 miles
      Neither the numerous mechanics nor the GM Engineer that looked at it could fix either problem.

’90 Taurus
      -stalling and rough idle
      -on long road trips after about 2 hours of driving, a damper inside the dash would close and then no more AC until the car cooled down completely
      Numerous mechanics tried and failed to fix these problems
      -AC compressor failure
      -numerous CV joint replacements
      all w/ less than 70,000 miles

Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 130 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Lorrin BarthLorrin Barth
      Participant

This is a regional thing, I’ve been to other parts of the 48 and don’t see so many large vehicles. But here it has gone about as far as it can, every man drives a truck, the bigger the better and every wife needs an SUV just as tall or she can’t see. In my car I feel like I am in a metal canyon.

But its a free country, people should drive what they like. And, whatever they choose, I’ll be here to gripe about it.

James O'HaraJames O’Hara
        Participant

My area is the same way though its hilarious when you pull up to a cummins powered truck and your little 4 banger diesel is louder and faster. Though normally they are lifted and could eat my car. I love doing this to muscle cars as well funny thing is everything is stock the engine is just a beast for its size.

Gary BrownGary
          Participant

[quote=”MDK22″ post=125835]My area is the same way though its hilarious when you pull up to a cummins powered truck and your little 4 banger diesel is louder and faster. Though normally they are lifted and could eat my car. I love doing this to muscle cars as well funny thing is everything is stock the engine is just a beast for its size.[/quote] I can most likely out tug one of the new stock diesels. Big blocks make some nasty torque man, plus I have a granny gear.

James O'HaraJames O’Hara
            Participant

325hp and 750 ft lbs in an ISB cummins ya good luck with that.
              http://cumminsengines.com/showcase-item.aspx?id=52&title=ISB+for+Truck+%28EPA+07%29#overview
              Though I do not disagree big blocks are torque monsters for gas engines.

6.4L Powerjoke might be possible though 220hp/560ftlbs thats actually an international maxxforce 7 with ford “fixing” it lol.

Gary BrownGary
              Participant

[quote=”MDK22″ post=125841]325hp and 750 ft lbs in an ISB cummins ya good luck with that.
                http://cumminsengines.com/showcase-item.aspx?id=52&title=ISB+for+Truck+%28EPA+07%29#overview
                Though I do not disagree big blocks are torque monsters for gas engines.

6.4L Powerjoke might be possible though 220hp/560ftlbs thats actually an international maxxforce 7 with ford “fixing” it lol.[/quote] I thought outtugging a powerjoke was implied? Cummins man..those are great motors. I think my gearing gives me an advantage though over the powerstroke and the duramax. I already make amazing torque. http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/sm465.htm : those gear ratios+ 4.10 rear and I think I’d do alright.

James O'HaraJames O’Hara
                Participant

Def out pull powerjoke and duratrash. Cummins ISB though i don’t think your gearing would be enough. Especially since most of them rock Eatons or Allisons.

Gary BrownGary
                  Participant

[quote=”MDK22″ post=125848]Def out pull powerjoke and duratrash. Cummins ISB though i don’t think your gearing would be enough. Especially since most of them rock Eatons or Allisons.[/quote] Agreed.

KennedyKennedy
                    Participant

but also in a area with real bad roads, the caravans are no match for really rough roads. it could be the drivers too doing that.
                      but you are right though. anywhere with decent roads these vans arent bad.

RandolphRandolph
                      Participant

The Mitsubishi Montero. It’s literally the Crocs of the car world.

PatrickPatrick
                        Participant

I have mixed emotions about the 2016 Lexus RX and 2016 Jeep Cherokee

Not sure if I hate them or kinda like how ugly they are for some strange reason.

Ian WilliamsIan Williams
                          Participant

[quote=”hoovr4673″ post=156504]The Mitsubishi Montero. It’s literally the Crocs of the car world.[/quote]

Crocs of the car world , comfortable , but deep down you know people are laughing at you But for me most Toyota’s are my least favorite , yes good cars , but they a like a plain sponge cake .

ChrisChris
                            Participant

The lexus looks like a cylon from the front, especially in grey!
                              Man, you yanks are sooooo lucky you don’t get Renaults, Peugeots and Citreons over there! 😉

Michael CrumlettMichael Crumlett
                              Participant

Toyota Prius. Everything else has at least one redeeming feature, even if that redeeming feature is simply the fact that it isn’t a Prius.

ChrisChris
                                Participant

Mike, even the Prius has a unique redeeming point!:
                                  http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/30/these-kits-turn-your-prius-into-an-emergency-generator/

Granted it’s not as transportation!!!

emelio ablazaemelio ablaza
                                  Participant

h

Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 130 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…