Menu

My Favorite tools

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Tool Talk My Favorite tools

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

I love my snap on wrenches, they just ‘feel’ good but I would have to say that one of my all time favorites is my torch set as they have gotten me out of more jams than anything. I’m sure I’ll come up with more stuff too but those are the first ones I could think of.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dreamer2355dreamer2355
      Participant

I think my favorite tool has to be my pocket screw driver. I use that all the time. Secondly would be my scan tool 🙂

jmorgan456jmorgan456
        Participant

without a doubt my favorite 2 tools are:

The motive power bleeder – I bleed my brakes and clutches on a regular basis. I have now done my cars severla times and many of my friend’s cars as well. I have modified the mehtod of use for easy cleaning. Basically I just use the Motive to pressurinze system. It’s great.

The second is my electric impact wrench I bought from Harbor Freight for like $40. Best investment I ever made. It is a little bigger than my air impact, si it can’t get into as many places, but I can take it anywhere. Everyone has a plug. Few have an air tank. I have used it many times and many places. Best money I ever spend on my cars.

AndyAndy
          Participant

Quoted From KLFER:

Thats true and untrue! You can watch his videos until your blue in the face but until you have tools you will never accomplish anything. With that being said, what is your favorite tool?

has to be my new set of ratchet spanners…… great for getting in to tight spots that a normal ratchet can’t fit and makes the job nice and quick! i think eric showed a set when he was at the tool expo! but other than that just a simple set of old school spanners …. can’t go wrong with a clasic T)

RangestangRangestang
            Participant

My favorites are prob my metric gear wrenches,wobble ended stubby gear wrenches,pedal pumper,any air tools they make things so much easier!

kiall1987kiall1987
              Participant

Power probe 3 is high on my list . Brilliant tool though I would like a protective boot for it . They make a protective boot for the 1 and 2 but not the three

Diesel1DeeDiesel1Dee
                Participant

for me id say…. for speed and saving time.. air tools and my impact driver. i just started using the driver and man does it save time and wear and tear on the wrists. otherwise the good old pocket screwdriver is a must. definatly a handy tool to have on hand. i havn’t tried the power probe yet but im seeing more and more videos on it…. its getting me curious

3SheetsDiesel3SheetsDiesel
                  Participant

My personal favorite tool is my Hammerhead. It’s made by Ingersoll-Rand. It’s a 3/8 drive impact gun cleverly disguised as an air ratchet. As far as tool brands goes, I personally prefer Matco to Snap-On. Partially because I’ve broken more Snap-On tools than any other brand (Craftsman and Harbor Freight included), and at all the shops I’ve worked at, the Snap-On dealer would show up once every couple of months, whereas the Matco dealer would show up at least once a week.

RenéRené
                    Participant

For me its definitely wise grips and a holow pipe that i use as an extension for my wheel cross to get the stubborn lug nuts. And i have this racing jack that jacks the vehicle up by pumping it a few times 🙂

MattMatt
                      Participant

I do have to add this in. It’s a 3/8″ digital torque wrench that does in/lbs, ft/lbs, and newton meters. Best feature is it does torque to yield built in (torque to 80 lb/ft plus 80 degrees) for head bolts, etc. I paid $261 bucks with 60 percent off, but I find myself using it when I normally just trust my feel, because I love it.
                        http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp … ir=catalog
                        LOVE IT!

GeeRod24GeeRod24
                        Participant

My metric swivel sockets. TrueCraft I believe is the brand, from Japan.

Second would be either my DVOM (a fairly simple Craftsman) or dead blow hammer (HF, like most of my stuff). Oh and jack stands are nice too because I don

Gen3Gen3
                          Participant

My favorite is my air compressor. It powers my air tools, cleans up the garage, inflates tires, blows out carburetors, etc, etc, etc. It really makes working in the garage easier. Gen3

agavinsagavins
                            Participant

Hey All,

Being on the other side of the Atlantic, mean although I recognize the Snap-on, Irwin references etc – don’t really get the Sears or Home-depot stuff.

Having said that, most of teh language of tools is universal 🙂

I would have to go with “Mowin4Cash4″ choice on the breaker bar as my best low price purchase that I use the most and get me out of the most trouble. It is a Sealey 600mm 1/2” which was on offer and set me back the princely sum of

redfuryredfury
                              Participant

My favorite tool? That’s a hard question to answer when you have so many, but I’d have to say that the tool I turn to a lot is a stupid self adjusting wrench my wife bought me for Christmas many eons ago. It’s one of those spring loaded type that bite like a pipe wrench, but the 3/8ths ratchet version of a pipe wrench, if you know what I mean. It’s great for things like rounded off rear brake line fittings or things you need to get a little extra bite on it, or metric and standard just don’t seem to get a good enough grip on. I bring it to the junkyard everytime I go.

My favorite tool to get? A garage. I’ve been working outside for far too long ( over 15 years ) and I need a space. The day my garage gets built and I open the door for the first time is going to be a major celebration. Many a beer will be spilled on that floor before the first drops of oil are, let me tell you what! C8-)

Rich RichWhiteheadRichWhitehead
                                Participant

Witco (Wilde) Angle Nose Slip Joint Pliers. There is no substitute….Had mine since 1990….my absolute favourite hand tool….they’re never out of reach when there’s a job to be done. Can’t say enough about them.

jeremyfountainjeremyfountain
                                  Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6c_axDoXv4

here are some of the tools of my trade……could only do 10 min worth will update soon.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…