Menu

new clutch install, car wont move now

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here new clutch install, car wont move now

• Creator
    Topic
    watcher902watcher902
    Participant

Hi guys, i recently installed a clutch in my 04 neon srt4 and im having bad results.

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      619DioFan619DioFan
      Participant

Did some research , here is what I found- remove the top cover ( or hat ) from trans ( this would be under the battery if trans is in car , check for a broken shift selector. this trans is also known to have syncro probs. read there is a snap ring that usually fails ( between 3/4 ) which leads to major failure. drain the gear oil and check for metal bits. hope this info helps.

dreamer2355dreamer2355
        Participant

+1 on 619Dio’s post.

It would have been nice to know that the vehicle was having shifting issues prior to installing this SACH’s clutch.

When did you notice any shifting issues with the vehicle and how did the old clutch disc look?

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
          Keymaster

Yea that info about the shifting problems before the clutch installation would have been good information to have, at this point it does sound like it would be a shift linkage problem or possibly something inside the trans.

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…