Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • P1135 Air Fuel Sensor Heater Circuit Responce

P1135 Air Fuel Sensor Heater Circuit Responce

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here P1135 Air Fuel Sensor Heater Circuit Responce

• Creator
    Topic
    David ReyesDavid Reyes
    Participant

P1135 Air Fuel Sensor Heater Circuit Responce Malfunction

My Dad have a Toyota Tundra 2002 6Cil and have this code. I Have found out that this is for the upstream Oxigen Sensor. I would like to test resistance of the heater like eric show on the video but don’t know wich two cables are for the Heater. do anybody have a wiring diagram of this?

Thanks
      David…

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      The LeprechaunThe Leprechaun
      Participant

If there’s 2 wires the same colour I nearly sure that’s them.

college mancollege man

what color wires do we have to choose from?

college mancollege man
            DanielDaniel
            Participant

For a free wiring diagram go to autozone.com. You will have to generate a username and password. Then go to “my vehicles”, “add vehicle”, then go to “repair help”,”vehicle repair guides”, then “wiring diagram.” Hopefully they have what you need. Keep us updated

dreamer2355dreamer2355
              Participant

http://bbbind.com/tech_database.html

Wiring diagrams available from the above link.

David ReyesDavid Reyes
                Participant

I will like to thanks evry body for all the imput. I’ll make a Video of the diagnostic of this problem and posted on youtube. It’s nice to know their is very nice people that take time to help others.

Thanks…
                  David

David ReyesDavid Reyes
                  Participant

I was looking at a Video on YouTube and this guy says their is a diference between O2 sensors and air / fuel Sensors.

Other Video said that Air Fuel Sensor are wide band and work diferent. It said that insted of the signal wire ranging between 0 to 1 Volt it will try to stay at 0 Mili Volt.

Know I’m Confuse does the Tundra I’m Working on Have an O2 Sensor or the Air/Fuel Sensor? because the scanner talks about Air/Fuel Sensor and in the Wiring Diagrams you have sent me it say that One is Air/Fuel Sensor and that the other is an O2 Sensor.

Any comments?

David…

college mancollege man

In toyota talk the first sensor is called A/f sensor.
                      In normal talk its called an o2 sensor

dreamer2355dreamer2355
                      Participant

You can also tell the difference by the amount of wires. Most o2 sensors have 4 wires, the A/F sensors have 6.

David ReyesDavid Reyes
                        Participant

[quote=”college man” post=40440]In toyota talk the first sensor is called A/f sensor.
                          In normal talk its called an o2 sensor[/quote]

Thanks College man
                          do they test the same way? because I’ve read that A/F Sensor are diferent insted of generating Volt from 0 to 1 Volt they are mesure in Mili Amperege and the computer try to keep it at 0 Ma and if it go up is lean and if it go down it is rich.

Is this true with the Tundra 2002 sensor?

David…

David ReyesDavid Reyes
                          Participant

[quote=”dreamer2355″ post=40531]You can also tell the difference by the amount of wires. Most o2 sensors have 4 wires, the A/F sensors have 6.[/quote]

Thanks dreamer2355

so if it has 4 wires I tested like O2 Sensor and if it has 6 Wires I tested like A/F Sensor?

David…

college mancollege man

not 100% I would imagine it would be 0-1 volt.

David ReyesDavid Reyes
                              Participant

[quote=”college man” post=40584]not 100% I would imagine it would be 0-1 volt.[/quote]

Thanks Collwge Man:

I’m Planning to diagnost this tomorow night so I will tell you what I fund.

David…

David ReyesDavid Reyes
                                Participant

Update On the problem:

I Diagnostics the Code Today: and It is a bad O2 sensor. Their is infinite resistance between the black wires. I also started the vehicle untill normal temp an the data reported by the computer abou this sensor is over 3Volts all the time. And the second O2 sensor located after the catalytic reports rich all the time over 0.8Volts. I disconected a vacuum from the plenum to test the sensors the #1 didn’t change but the #2 drop down to 0.05 then I injected some propane fuel true the vacuums port and it go up to 0.2 I couldn’t inject to much do to the noozel because it is automatic and if I press all the way it will fire the propane but I believe the #2 sensor is Ok so I ordered one from eBay when it get to me will replace it.

Soon will post a video of the diagnostic.
                                  Thanks everybody for all your help mistery solve.

And for the name air/fuel Sensor it is a Norow band sensor not wide band sensor. They use this term I think to indicate that this O2 sensor is the one computer use to calculate air/fuel and not to indicate that is a modern wide band type

college mancollege man

good diagnostic work. keep us posted 😉

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…