1999 Integra LS with 144k miles and Auto, B18B1 – no mods
Well maintained. Due to the random misfire at idle (car shakes too), did the following still an issue:
P0300, P0304 and at times P0303 – now all cylinders
– sparks (OEM), wires (after market)
– front O2 sensor (OEM)
– cap & rotors
– valves adjusted 22k miles ago
– air filter has 8k
– cleaned IACV
– Compression were from 175 to 190
– Spark plugs did not show any abnormality
– Swapped ignition coil but no change
– Batt and Alternator tested fine
– cold start gave gas smell through exhaust
– at times smelt gas under the hood but no sign of leaks
– engine compartment is mostly dry – needed to put new O-ring on Dizzy – the issue started before this repair
– Lately idle misfire goes away when warms up but happens at 2500rom – then misfires on all Cyl
– only known issue is the car would need jump start if you don’t drive for 2 weeks & high NOx
1500 rpm 2500 rpm
LTFT 6.2 6.2
STFT 6.2 8.6
After I disconnected the battery and let all the Capacitors discharge at idle:
LTFT – 4.6 4.6
STFT – 7.8 – 12.5
Had the car for more than 10 yrs.
Any help? How can I get Eric to reply?
Can 87 vs 91 gas or additives cause misfire?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.