Menu

Repair Jobs You Dislike Doing?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Technicians Only Repair Jobs You Dislike Doing?

• Creator
    Topic
    dreamer2355dreamer2355
    Participant

Hey all,

So what jobs do you dislike to do when it comes to repair a said customers vehicle?

The main one i am not a fan of doing is Alignments. For me, they can be very frustrating particularly living in the rust belt where 80% of the time, your reaching for the torch… Ugh.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dermott cartyDermott carty
      Participant

Im a fan of german cars they are so well engineered and a pleasure to work on the worst is italian especially fiat,when they have steel bolts going into alloy and they are seized solid

stingray66stingray66
        Participant

For me any thing with a timing belt hate hate hate them :angry:

Chris111179Chris111179
          Participant

I used to dread the Honda timing belts because the pulleys would be seized on their so bad and they would sqeak and the customer would want them to be replaced, that is until I found the correct tool. 1″ drive breaker bar with 230 pounds of power behind it.

JimJim
            Participant

ANYTHING THATS FREE!! hate when the customer says “oh could you also ajust my hood latch while ur changing my door speaker”. COME ON!

DavidDavid
              Participant

anything involving Cadillac, and German cars.

W00DBar0nW00DBar0n
                Participant

Cab cleaning. I am a mechanic and not a maid but its a part of every work order to clean the cab.

blacK20blacK20
                  Participant

[quote=”W00DBar0n” post=39884]Cab cleaning. I am a mechanic and not a maid but its a part of every work order to clean the cab.[/quote]

Wow are you serious? Do you get paid to clean the cab? That is the car wash guys job at our place…

W00DBar0nW00DBar0n
                    Participant

[quote=”blacK20″ post=40025][quote=”W00DBar0n” post=39884]Cab cleaning. I am a mechanic and not a maid but its a part of every work order to clean the cab.[/quote]

Wow are you serious? Do you get paid to clean the cab? That is the car wash guys job at our place…[/quote]
                      of course we get paid for it. I wouldn’t do it if i wasn’t. But since the shop is new and still getting up and running the techs dot for now.

JeffJeff
                      Participant

I dislike doing suspension work. It always seems like a bolt is rusted and. And every job is always a lot harder than it initially looks.

davedave
                        Participant

I like suspension work.. gives me a chance to use all my bad ass air tools. banana:

blacK20blacK20
                          Participant

What! Suspension and front end work is gravy. Maybe it’s the abusive side in me, but there is no other feeling like hanging on a prybar and swinging a bfh 🙂

DylanDylan
                            Participant

Yeah it’s crazy how toyota say you need to drop the engine out to replace the water pump on the 2gr-fe. We found out that you can simply take off the wiper motor etc as if you were going to replace the spark plugs, undo the engine mounts and jack the engine up with just a jack and a block of wood on the sump and that gives you plenty of room to get the pump off and out. Hope this helps you out.

Tom SharplesTom Sharples
                              Participant

I HATE doing recall work these days. Recently at toyota we have quite a lot, we have to sign the technical instructions then sign the work order to say we have followed them word for word. If you were just doing the job you could do it efficiently. The TI takes you through pointless steps which just eat time, then if something goes wrong you’ve signed your name to it. Welcome to corporate liability!

Jay JohnsonJay Johnson
                                Participant

Thermostat on any of the newer GM 2.8 3.1 engine family. Should be an easy 2 bolt job, but wow they bury it. I don’t mind jobs that take a while, but jobs that should be so simple that are made difficult by poor engineering.

buzzinfourbuzzinfour
                                  Participant

Heater cores on any ‘old’ DAF Trucks vehicle, they’re a nightmare and it takes a full day :huh:

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…